Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babymamaluv19 Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Sep 9, 2008, 08:49 PM
    Braxton-hicks @ 17wk
    I've done a little research on Braxton-Hicks contractions, but is it possible to get them at 17wks?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2008, 02:43 AM
    You can, but most women don't feel them that early. Your uterus contracts much of your pregnancy but they aren't often felt until closer to the end. Sometimes, if you aren't taking in enough fluids, you may feel more contractions... this is why one of the first things suggested to women who are feeling a good number of contractions is to get plenty to drink as it may help the contractions subside.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 10, 2008, 05:25 AM
    It is very possible if this is not your first pregnancy. With each pregnancy Braxton-Hicks contractions show up earlier and earlier.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Braxton hicks contractions [ 2 Answers ]

OK I'm 8 months pregnant, first baby, and four times in the last few weeks I've had what I can only assume are braxton hicks contractions... but they're extremely painful, and uncomfortable, to the point where I well... cry and try not to move a muscle... they last allllllll day, my back and...

Bracton hicks [ 7 Answers ]

I am 26 weeks and having pain that I believe that it is braxton hicks contractrions I get them about four times a day and they hurt but they are hours apart but I did have my other son at 27 weeks how do I know if they are braxton hicks or something else and should I be having these already I...

Braxton-Hicks Contractions too early? [ 5 Answers ]

Sorry this may be a little long so bare with me! I'm 23 1/2 weeks pregnant with my first. It started a couple weeks ago (21 weeks) with the first little contractions. I thought they were cute and fun. A few days ago they started getting a bit stronger. I would feel him move and then I feel like he...

View more questions Search