Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stormey44 Posts: 380, Reputation: 3

Feb 24, 2008, 02:35 PM
    Bracton hicks
    I am 26 weeks and having pain that I believe that it is braxton hicks contractrions I get them about four times a day and they hurt but they are hours apart but I did have my other son at 27 weeks how do I know if they are braxton hicks or something else and should I be having these already I don't rember them with my other kids thank u
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 24, 2008, 02:51 PM
    You have been having Braxton-Hicks contractions all along... you're just starting to feel them now.

How do you know if it is labor or Braxton-Hicks? Braxton-Hicks will go away if you walk or move around, labor pains will not. Braxton-Hicks do not increase in length and intensity and are very sporadic. Labor is very timely, not sporadic, and the length increases almost hourly.

This could also be caused by dehydration. I don't know how many women we send home from the hospital just because they are dehydrated. Lots of water, lots of juices.

Feb 24, 2008, 03:12 PM
    I just started feeling them
    dragnlady5 Posts: 88, Reputation: 4

Feb 24, 2008, 03:18 PM
    I had them with mine. Went to the hospital a few times. When is your next DR appt? If it is soon just call and tell the nurse your concerns. See what she thinks. If it is going to be a while before your next appt. then call and ask to be seen early. Probably nothing to worry about but why take the chance?
    nicki143 Posts: 187, Reputation: 22

Feb 24, 2008, 03:33 PM
    You will know the difference between braxton hicks and the real thing J_9 is right

Feb 24, 2008, 06:23 PM
    Yea I am just wondering if this is to early to have braxton hicks at 26 weeks and also I go to the docs Friday
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 25, 2008, 01:07 PM
    It's never too early to have Braxton-Hicks. I had them with my daughter when I was 13 weeks, as a matter of fact, that's actually how I found out I was pregnant.

You have actually had Braxton-Hicks contractions since you became pregnant, you are just now starting to feel them.

Feb 25, 2008, 05:09 PM
    O OK thank u so much

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Braxton-Hicks Contractions too early? [ 5 Answers ]

Sorry this may be a little long so bare with me! I'm 23 1/2 weeks pregnant with my first. It started a couple weeks ago (21 weeks) with the first little contractions. I thought they were cute and fun. A few days ago they started getting a bit stronger. I would feel him move and then I feel like he...

View more questions Search