Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    muki-b Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2008, 04:27 AM
    Getting light perfect on naked body
    Hi again all,
    As you all know I'm interested in the dark, like on my previous question (making perfect night picture.:D

I want to make a picture of a body like the one I attached... by the way its not my work.

I dono how... is it just a play with light or is it sg that has to do with the camera.

Let me know
    Greetz
    Bart
    Attached Images

Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Aug 12, 2008, 05:19 AM
    Hello Bart !

This seems more a computer generated graphic , but I may be totally wrong!

Yes, well, a naked body and you, together alone in the dark... and you think about making photographs ?

:D

Aug 12, 2008, 05:46 AM
    Hi,

It is not a computer graphic about this I'm sure.
    Which light should I use for this effect..

Do I need to use a longer shutter or a normal one..

Thanks also for the quick reply

Bart
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2008, 01:55 AM
    Hi, Bart!

If what you posted is not an image that you have created, then I would strongly advise you to post where you have gotten it and also list the creator of it. I would hate to see you get in trouble because of posting a copyrighted image without giving proper credit to the holder of the copyright to it.

It's also possible that it might not be okay for you to post the image here because the holder of the copyright might not want it copied and posted without you specifically asking for permission to do so.

Thanks!

Aug 13, 2008, 02:05 AM
    Hi,
    There is no copyright on this picture...
    The picture is made by an old colleague and I found it back and now I'm interested how she did this... as I want to get more into the photography...

I'm sure she doesn't mind putting the picture online as it was for years on internet visible...
    But I know that I have to whatch out with this...
    So... the pictures that I sent is copyrighted by Manuela Olteanu

:)
    Now so how did she made this? Problem is that I don't have contact with her anymore so I cannot ask
    jcdill Posts: 249, Reputation: 24

Aug 13, 2008, 02:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by muki-b
    Hi again all,
    As you all know i m interested in the dark, like on my previous question (making perfect night picture.:D

I want to make a picture of a body like the one i attached... by the way its not my work.

I dono how... is it just a play with light or is it sg that has to do with the camera.

Let me know
    Greetz
    Bart
    This requires specific lighting in a studio environment (so you have no other light on the subject except the light you have placed). In this case the light is up high and behind the subject so that it only lights the top of the subject. The rest of the studio is dark and has dark surfaces so that no light is bounced (from the floor, other walls, etc.) back onto the subject.

I strongly suggest you buy a book on studio lighting to learn these lighting techniques. This one is the "bible" and is often used in photography studio lighting classes: Light, Scienc & Magic
    jcdill Posts: 249, Reputation: 24

Aug 13, 2008, 02:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by muki-b
    Hi,

It is not a computer graphic about this i m sure.
    Which light should i use for this effect...?

Do i need to use a longer shutter or a normal one...?

Thanks also for the quick reply

Bart
    The shutter setting is relatively irrelevant - this was shot with strobe lighting and the brief burst of the studio strobe is much faster than your shutter speed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Orbs with the naked eye? [ 4 Answers ]

:eek: My and my sister were driving.. at 230 am, with no cars in sight... Something that was nearly the size of a basketball, maybe even bigger -- moved semi fast right in front of my windshield.. It was aperfect sphere, a washed out white color.. We looked at each other and just got the...

Being naked,looking good, [ 3 Answers ]

So, I want to know how to look good and be comfortable being naked. I'm a big girl I weigh a whopping 203 pounds which I'm not happy about. After I had my daughter I just didn't think about getting my body back. I was focused on getting my life in order. I just want to know what to do to make...

Naked Dream [ 3 Answers ]

Hey y'all Ok, I had a weird dream that I was fully naked with only a pair of heels on and counting huge sums of money. Being naked in the dream didn't faze me at all, I was just irritated that I had to count all that money, my money. It's like I just got paid but it was too much to count. Any...

Can't erect while naked [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I was reading a post made by another user here about his frequent uncontrolable erections he gets while he is naked. OH HOW I WISH I HAD THIS PROBLEM! I'm 18 and have just recently in the past 2 months stared having sex with my girlfriend. I am new at this (She took my virginity) but ever...

Being naked [ 8 Answers ]

Does anybody hate being naked in front of your man I'm on the vuluptious side but I'm not that big my problem is I had my son and now my belly hangs and I think it looks horrible I can walk around with my nickers / thong on but not without I love my partner and I no he loves me but I feel...

View more questions Search