Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Photography (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=255)
-   -   Getting light perfect on naked body (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=248055)

• Aug 12, 2008, 04:27 AM
    muki-b
    1 Attachment(s)
    Getting light perfect on naked body
    Hi again all,
    As you all know I'm interested in the dark, like on my previous question (making perfect night picture.:D

I want to make a picture of a body like the one I attached... by the way its not my work.

I dono how... is it just a play with light or is it sg that has to do with the camera.

Let me know
    Greetz
    Bart
  • Aug 12, 2008, 05:19 AM
    Credendovidis
    Hello Bart !

This seems more a computer generated graphic , but I may be totally wrong!

Yes, well, a naked body and you, together alone in the dark... and you think about making photographs ?

:D
  • Aug 12, 2008, 05:46 AM
    muki-b
    Hi,

It is not a computer graphic about this I'm sure.
    Which light should I use for this effect..

Do I need to use a longer shutter or a normal one..

Thanks also for the quick reply

Bart
  • Aug 13, 2008, 01:55 AM
    Clough
    Hi, Bart!

If what you posted is not an image that you have created, then I would strongly advise you to post where you have gotten it and also list the creator of it. I would hate to see you get in trouble because of posting a copyrighted image without giving proper credit to the holder of the copyright to it.

It's also possible that it might not be okay for you to post the image here because the holder of the copyright might not want it copied and posted without you specifically asking for permission to do so.

Thanks!
  • Aug 13, 2008, 02:05 AM
    muki-b
    Hi,
    There is no copyright on this picture...
    The picture is made by an old colleague and I found it back and now I'm interested how she did this... as I want to get more into the photography...

I'm sure she doesn't mind putting the picture online as it was for years on internet visible...
    But I know that I have to whatch out with this...
    So... the pictures that I sent is copyrighted by Manuela Olteanu

:)
    Now so how did she made this? Problem is that I don't have contact with her anymore so I cannot ask
  • Aug 13, 2008, 02:31 PM
    jcdill
    Quote:

Originally Posted by muki-b
    Hi again all,
    As you all know i m interested in the dark, like on my previous question (making perfect night picture.:D

I want to make a picture of a body like the one i attached... by the way its not my work.

I dono how... is it just a play with light or is it sg that has to do with the camera.

Let me know
    Greetz
    Bart

This requires specific lighting in a studio environment (so you have no other light on the subject except the light you have placed). In this case the light is up high and behind the subject so that it only lights the top of the subject. The rest of the studio is dark and has dark surfaces so that no light is bounced (from the floor, other walls, etc.) back onto the subject.

I strongly suggest you buy a book on studio lighting to learn these lighting techniques. This one is the "bible" and is often used in photography studio lighting classes: Light, Scienc & Magic
  • Aug 13, 2008, 02:32 PM
    jcdill
    Quote:

Originally Posted by muki-b
    Hi,

It is not a computer graphic about this i m sure.
    Which light should i use for this effect...?

Do i need to use a longer shutter or a normal one...?

Thanks also for the quick reply

Bart

The shutter setting is relatively irrelevant - this was shot with strobe lighting and the brief burst of the studio strobe is much faster than your shutter speed.