Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    steven67 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2008, 12:09 AM
    Last names
    I need help with this I have 2 boys with my high school exgirl friend. I knew they didn't have my last name and was told there was nothing I could do about it. I do owe back child support on them that I have been paying on. They are in there twentys know. I went to help one of them get there birth certifcate and found out that Im not on the birth certifcate like I was told when they were born. Can I get something done?
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Jun 29, 2008, 01:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by steven67
    I need help with this I have 2 boys with my high school exgirl friend. I knew they didnt have my last name and was told there was nothing I could do about it. I do owe back child support on them that i have been paying on. they are in there twentys know. I went to help one of them get there birth certifcate and found out that Im not on the birth certifcate like i was told when they were born. can I get something done?
    If your child support was court ordered you were adjudicated as their father.You can add your last name
    The following documents must be produced:

* A signed declaration by both mother and father of the child/ren - these declarations are obtained from the Registration Department.
    * Birth certificate (s) of child/ children
    * Identification of both parents
    * Sworn declaration by child/children over eighteen (18) years

There are two ways that a father's name can be added to the child's birth record when the parents are not married at the time of the child's birth:

1) Recognition of Parentage (or another term,depends on the state/; or
    2) Court Ordered Paternity Adjudication.
    Court Ordered Paternity Adjudication
    To request a court ordered paternity adjudication, contact the court administrator's office in the county where you live.

To change the birth record, the court order must state that the father is the legal father and that his name and other information is to be added to the child's birth record. If the child's last name is to be changed, the court order must also state that the child's last name is to be changed on the birth record.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Boy names [ 39 Answers ]

My wife and I are expecting our third in October, a boy, and are struggling on a name this time around... any suggestions?

Commercial names to botanical names [ 1 Answers ]

Sirs, I want to know botanical names of all fruits,plants and flowers,particulerly all horticulture products and floriculture products.i.e. from commercial popular name to botanical names. Thank you and with regards. J.B.Gandhi

What were their names? [ 2 Answers ]

There was a movie that I think might have been an episode of the twilight zone. It was these 2 sisters who didn't get along. One of them is using witchcraft and shrinks her sister and lets her pet cat kill her. The other movie I am wondering about involved a pit of some kind that trapped (I...

I have two last names. [ 1 Answers ]

I have two last names. One is my "real" fathers and the other one is my mothers. I have no relation with my father and hasn't since I was 10 years old. I've always believed that I was a true Rizzo at heart. I fully just go by that but when I have to do certain things I have to use my fathes and...

Names [ 2 Answers ]

Could you please tell me the meaning of the name "jonathan" and "joanna"

View more questions Search