Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thatdamgood Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2008, 02:49 PM
    Should I go for full custody
    (If this is in the wrong section,please move it.. sorry if it is)

Hey I'm new here so I hope you can help.

Ok well I have recently split up with my ex partner of a year and half and she has totally refused me access of my daughter. I have not seen my little girl in three months, she has since sat up on her own and is now crawling, all of which I have missed and would have known about had it not been for her friend letting it slip to me. I have found out she is letting known drug takers near her as well as hold her and look after her. Now onto why we broke up.
    We broke up because towards the end of the relationship about a month after our daughter was born she started getting violent, She had chucked me out three times, thrown ornamental stones at me, among other hard objects and the final straw came when she attacked me with a knife, she missed but she caused a huge gash down In my Jumper. Anyway a few days of talking I went back, in doing so I didn't report it to the police, anyway we were back together 4 days and she began getting violent again, once again she brought the knives out and she went for me, I got out this time just in time and that is the last time I saw her. I got a phone call from the police the day after saying she had accused me of sexual harassment, even though I had been nor spoken to her, thankfully the police said they were not taking it seriously as they could tell she was out for revenge.

Ok so after all that 3 months later, we are still a month -month and half away from me even getting access. Now I found out she is letting her near known drug users and my main fear is she will harm my little girl. Her friend claims that at the time she was depressed and that is why and she is since been put on medication by her doctor, but being have had depression when I was a child I know med's don't solve nothing instead hide the symptoms and calm you down. My fear is she stop's taking them and her violence starts,
    So anyway before I go onto much... my question is should I go for full custody, what sort of chance would I have of winning and getting my little girl back to me, a person who can proved properly and won't shift her from pillar to the post... at the moment she is going from her house then to her mums for three days then back to the house and the same again every week.
    Her Main accusation for me not seeing my daughter is I am unfit, as apparently I once put my little girl over my shoulders and continued to play with here there.
    Ok so there we have it, Should I go for full custody? What sort of chance have I got?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2008, 12:02 PM
    You need to document everything she has done and is doing to help prove your case that she is a danger and she is involved with drug users. Then go to court for full custody and prove you can provide a stable environment. Then it is pretty much up to the Judge to grant you full custody or joint custody or whatever.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 11, 2008, 12:07 PM
    If you can document this, you have a good chance of getting custody.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Full Custody [ 1 Answers ]

How do I file for full custody in Maryland?

Full custody [ 4 Answers ]

I was wondering what the difference between full custody and being the custodial parent is. Have talked to a few lawyers about it and there doesn't seem to be a big difference. I am wanting to gain full custody of my son because the father isn't involved in his life. It has been over a year...

Can he get full custody? [ 1 Answers ]

One of my best friends has an ex girlfriend who is 3 years older than him (she is 24, he was 20 when this all happened, and just turned 21) and who is pregnant and from what I have been told, mentally unstable. He said okay, eventually after begging her to abort, since he is mentally not able to...

Full custody [ 1 Answers ]

Hi me an my boyfriend Want to go for full custody with his soon to be 5 Year old son. We just need to buy a house move out of the house we are sharing with a friend. Anyway I know its hard to get custody for a father usually courts favor the mother. The kid just is not paid attention to since she...

Need to know how to get full custody of son [ 2 Answers ]

I have been remarried for 5 years and my husband is who my son knows as his dad. When I divorced I got sole custody and his father got visitation, every other weekend. Long story short he stopped coming to see his son and I have not seen a child support payments in yrs. Found out he is in jail...

View more questions Search