Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scottkwarren Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2008, 08:49 AM
    Utility sink drain to floor drain?
    I want to install a utility sink in my basement. It's a new house, no drain pipes near-by, but there is a floor drain near-by. What are the hazards of running the utility sink drain into the floor drain?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 27, 2008, 09:05 AM
    Hey Scott,
    What are the hazards of running the utility sink drain into the floor drain?
    None at all if you terminate the sink waste in a indirect waste. You will not need a trap or a vent on the sink if you configure it that way. A indirect waste is a drain that terminates a inch or two above the floor drain strainer. There MUST be a air gap, you CAN NOT connect direct. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Floor drain conversion to sink drain [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 4" floor drain in a concrete slab. What's the easiest way to convert it for use as a sink drain? Does the sink need a trap since the floor drain has one? Thanks, Matt

Utility Sink Drain - into washer drain [ 1 Answers ]

Utility Sink Drain - into washer drain. Is is permissible to run the drain from a utility sink right next to the washer into the drain line for the washer?

Basement utility sink drain [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I want to install a utility sink in my basement next to an existing pvc drain stack. There is a cleanout about a foot above the basement floor. I was wondering if I could remove the cleanout and install a tee and put the cleanout back in above the tee. From the tee I was thinking about...

Replacing drain in utility sink [ 1 Answers ]

The drain leaks water as the drain in the sink is not sealed with plumber putty. The black plastic nut under the sink which tightens against the bottom part of the tub was glued in original installation and cannot be tightened or loosened.How do I break it loose to remove it so to replace with new...

Extending utility sink drain for bar sink [ 2 Answers ]

I have a utility sink in my walk-out basement - that sink's 1.5 inch drain connection is approx. 18" above the floor, into a two inch horizontal run. This 2 inch horizontal PVC runs about 3 feet, then connects to a main 3" DWV. I would like to add a bar sink, set into a standard height (36")...

View more questions Search