Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starcrush Posts: 109, Reputation: 2

May 26, 2008, 12:07 PM
    Mom want me send her a pizza
    Mom want me to make a pizza and send it through mail does anyone have an ideal how I can send it off and how much it costs thanks . I never send food through mail
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 26, 2008, 12:22 PM
    Umm, I don't see how this can be done. It's going to get crushed, etc... why don't you just send her the recipe?

You can't send a pizza through the mail. The toppings will have to either stay hot or cold to a certain temperature or bacteria will develop.

May 26, 2008, 01:22 PM
    She rather I make it .She doesn't cook anymore. It's for her birthday.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 26, 2008, 01:26 PM
    Does she live near a good pizza place, that you could send her one from there?
    Expert

May 26, 2008, 01:45 PM
    Unfortunately hun, you can't mail a pizza you made at home. Can you call a pizza parlor in her area and have one delivered for her birthday?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 26, 2008, 01:48 PM
    As very strange as it sounds, it is possible but very very costly. They ship everything from hamburgers, to chicken to every food I can think of from famous places

The issue is it would have to be prepared to be baked or baked then frozen to be heated back, it would have to be put in special contianer and shipped on dry ice and shipped on a overnight or 2nd day air at the longest time. So you are most likely looking at a several hundred dollor pizza,

dryiceInfo.com-Shipping

Guide to Shipping with Dry Ice | Dry Ice Shipping Regulations

May 28, 2008, 10:43 AM
    She is so picky also she says it something that she is allergic too in the carry out pizza .So that why she wants me to make it homemade and send it. Im going to contact Ups they should able to give some information on perishable items. Thanks
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

May 28, 2008, 12:24 PM
    Contact local Italian restaurant and see if they can make a custom made pizza and deliver, I bet they can but it may cost you $20-25, which in my opinion, is much cheaper than sending it via overnight UPS or FedEx...

Yesterday, I mailed one page letter via FedEx's standard overnight from CA to Chicago, it costs $31.
    Expert

May 28, 2008, 07:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lawanwadee
    Yesterday, I mailed one page letter via FedEx's standard overnight from CA to Chicago, it costs $31.
    Mailing a letter is totally different than mailing food.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pizza Hut Sandwich [ 5 Answers ]

I love the pizza hut sandwiches... they just don't make them in my hometown anymore... not for years. However I traveled to Troy, Alabama and Low And Behold... there it was... Now my thing is... how can I get one in my hometown?? Or somewhere close... Mobile ala

Thin crust pizza [ 3 Answers ]

How big can I make this pizza dough using 1 cup of flour ? I want a thin crust

Pizza piera [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for a recipe called pizza piera that my italian grandmother made. It was a sticky dough filled with nuts and raisins.

Pizza Hut Supreme Sandwich [ 5 Answers ]

I used to really enjoy the Pizza Hut Supreme Sandwich, but they no longer offer it on the menu. I would like to recreate it at home, but I don’t know the portions of the ingredients (mozzarella, ham, salami, lettuce, and dressing). Does anyone know how they were made, or might possibly have a...

Cooking Pizza At Home [ 1 Answers ]

I have a home oven that goes up to 525 degrees. Anything over 450 degrees is considered broiling on my oven. What I would like to know is OK I own a fibrament baking stone and I like to make homemade pizza. A lot of recipes say to turn your oven up to 500 degrees. Now if I turn my oven up to 500...

View more questions Search