Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    county574 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2008, 03:30 PM
    Me and my g/f just broke up and its killing me how do I handle it
    Hey Everyone I Need Some Help Me And My G/f Just Broke Up After 2 Years. She Told Me That She Just Needed A Break. I Don't Know How To Handle This I Love Her So Much We were Together All The Time Unless I Was At Work Or She Was At School. Everyone Is Telling Me That I Should Just Give Her Space And Time And If Its Meant To Be God Will Send Her Back. But I Think What Really Bothers Me About All This Is That There Is This Punk Guy That Works With Her Dad And Uncle Well About 2 Days After The Break Up She Has Started Hanging With Him And It Killing Me To Think Of Her Hanging With Him And The Things She Might Be Doing. And The Crazy Thing Is That He Is The Type Guy That She Would Yell At Her Sisters For Dating. Its So Hard To Sleep At Night Im Taking Some Sleep Pills To Help, I Haven't Eating In A Few Days Either. I Guess I Just Want To Know What I Should Do If I Should Not Call Her Or Text Her Or What I Should Do Please Any Advice Would Really Help Thanks
    enjay22 Posts: 35, Reputation: 3

May 23, 2008, 03:38 PM
    Wow. Been through this.
    Believe me, she is feeling the same way. She's misses you tons, and this is probably killing her more then it is you. But, what it seems like she tried to say is that she needs space. Some women out there are very independent, and 2 years is a long time. Give her the space she is asking for. But, also let her know that you will be there waiting for her, then, she'll come back. Because, women want to know that were not ALL you think about, but at the same time, we want to know were always on your mind. Its so confusing, I know. But, you need to lay off a bit I'm afraid. Don't txt/call/ anything. Let her come BACK to you.

And no, she's not messing aroudn with this punk guy. She's hanging with him to get her mind off all that she's going through, which is probably a lot.
    You can't just erase 2 years like that.

She will come back. I promise you. Let her realize it. And then, treat her the best you ever have!
    I hope that helped!
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2008, 03:42 PM
    I can tell this has really upset you, I'm sure I can say that practically everyone here has been through the same situation in one way or another.

The good news is, you will feel better, but it takes time. The bad news is, this will probably not be the only time this will ever happen in your life.

We do have a choice, in the way we view the things that happen to us. We can take the "oh, woe is me, life sucks, I will never feel better, I'm a looser... you get the idea.

Or, we can look at it a bit differently. Perhaps, even though you love her, she is not the perfect woman for you, and that this is the chance for you to find out if there may be a better one waiting out there somewhere, and were it not for her breaking up with you, you would never get that chance.

In other words, you can adjust your attitude in how you look at the situation.

One final saying, time heals all wounds, is true, it just often takes more time than we wish it to. Try to lighten up, go easy on yourself, and try to relax some more, I can't even imagine how difficult it would be to type your question with a capitol letter on every word.

May 23, 2008, 03:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by enjay22
    wow. been through this.
    believe me, she is feeling the same way. shes misses you tons, and this is probably killing her more then it is you. but, what it seems like she tried to say is that she needs space. some women out there are very independent, and 2 years is a long time. Give her the space she is asking for. but, also let her know that you will be there waiting for her, then, she'll come back. because, women want to know that were not ALL you think about, but at the same time, we want to know were always on ur mind. its so confusing, i know. but, you need to lay off a bit im affraid. dont txt/call/ anything. let her come BACK to you.

and no, shes not messing aroudn with this punk guy. shes hanging with him to get her mind off of all that shes goin through, which is probably a lot.
    you can't just erase 2 years like that.

she will come back. i promise you. let her realize it. and then, treat her the best u ever have!
    i hope that helped!

Hey thanks for your help this is so hard for me and I pray to god that your right she will come back it just hurts so bad.

May 23, 2008, 03:58 PM
    Hey guys thanks for yalls advice... if anyone else can help it really help
    tucker1605 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2008, 04:04 PM
    I'm going through the samething except my b/f dumped me and is now has a new g/f anyone have any advice for me? I'm trying to give space its just so hard

May 23, 2008, 04:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tucker1605
    im going through the samething except my b/f dumped me and is now has a new g/f anyone have any advice for me? im trying to give space its just so hard

Your not kidding it's the hardest thing I think I've ever had to do its very tough we been broke up for like a week now and I keep telling her that I'm going to give her space but its not working but I just told her again just to let her know that I'm here for when ever she need me and if its gods willing then ill be ready for her to come back.

May 23, 2008, 04:11 PM
    Mine was a week on Wednesday and he knows I'm here crying and losing my mind but since he has his ex (now g/f) telling him what to do I'm afraid I'll never see or hear from him again. I agree you won't eat at all and you'll cry everyday. I was the first person he ever slept with too.
    You and I can hopefully get through it and pray they come back to us

May 23, 2008, 04:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tucker1605
    mine was a week on wednesday and he knows im here crying and losing my mind but since he has his ex (now g/f) telling him what to do im afraid i'll never see or hear from him again. I agree you won't eat at all and you'll cry everyday. I was the first person he ever slept with too.
    you and i can hopefully get through it and pray they come back to us

I hope we both get them back... well I'm going to get off here its my mom birthday so were going to go eat... one last thing mine is not dating anyone just hanging out with this dumby and she don't even know him or anything so I hope he isn't telling her anything to do about me... I know her sister are a little mad at her for doing this but you know everything happens for a reason ill just pray the reason is good for the both of us.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 23, 2008, 05:37 PM
    I think you both can benefit from clicking on the links in my signature, and getting some insight and suggestions, what to do to help yourself.

May 23, 2008, 07:26 PM
    I already have and they didn't have. I'm doing the NC I've tired most of the things on the breakup to do list.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 23, 2008, 07:47 PM
    It takes time and hard work. Not excuses, and stay off the pity pot.

May 23, 2008, 08:09 PM
    Going to just going to keep trying

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Door handle screw broke on GE Advantium [ 3 Answers ]

I have a GE Advantium micro/convection oven. The bottom screw broke on the handle. I can see no way do get inside the door to replace the screw. It's a silly problem, but I don't want to pay a repairman $50+ just to tell me I have a screw loose! There's got to be a simple solution. Help, anyone?

She just broke up with me, how can I handle this situation? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi me and my girlfriend of 2 months just broke up She just broke up with me because she said that she really needs to focus on her schoolwork and that she doesn't feel the same about me anymore I was starting to feel the same way to... she had gotten in trouble and lost her phone and computer...

Broke shower handle [ 3 Answers ]

My shower handle just fell off and all that's left looks like a screw so I have been using a screwdriver to turn on the shower. Can I go to the store and purchase a handle and install it myself or do I need to call a plumber?

Replacing single handle bathtub handle with 2 handles [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am redoing the tile in my bathroom and want to change my single handle hot/cold fixture with a 2 handle fixture... Can I do this myself or do I need a plumber?. My house was built in the 1960's and the faucet seem original.. I do have access from the back and will have access in front once...

View more questions Search