Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    momody Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2008, 06:34 AM
    Smelly shower
    I have a three story home... My third floor shower ( whch has not been used in 2++ years)

Has a nasty smell... Need help... Where do I start...
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 12, 2008, 07:01 AM
    For your shower, First remove the strainer,(TIP: put the screws in the soap dish. They will be hard to replace if they go down the drain.) Now work your snake past the trap and 6 or 7 feet beyond. When you pull the snake back it should have the hair that was clogging your shower on the auger tip. Now pour 1/4 gallon of bleach down in the trap and let it set over night. Next morning pour a pan of boiling down the shower to clear what's left and make your drain smell nice. Good, luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Smelly Shower drain [ 3 Answers ]

Please recommend how to stop the smell coming from the shower stall drain. The shower is located on the second floor. I have poured bleach down it and let it sit for about 30 minutes but the smell returns. I have read to use oxygenated bleach but I am not sure if this would work any better. ...

Smelly shower stall [ 2 Answers ]

We've been having this problem returning for a few months now. We have a house on a concrete slab with a separate tub and shower that every 3 weeks or so has an odor that seems to not go away. The odor is only in our shower and nowhere else. We've bought MULTIPLE products to flush and clean the...

Smelly shower drain [ 5 Answers ]

WE have a shower stall, house in on slab 3 yrs old. Bathroom never smells "clean". Have traced it to shower drain, have tried bathrooms cleaners, bleach, and drain clogging liquid (even though drain functions fine). Will smell OK for a few days, then comes back. Grrrrr. What can I do?

New basement shower is overflowing with smelly water.not sure if it is sewer. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there? The shower in my basement has been overflowing with smelly ?sewer? Or dirty water At least 3 times a week 8 months after it was built by a contractor. (we hardly used the shower since it was first built). It started probably once a week and is worse now. The city inspected and...

Smelly shower [ 1 Answers ]

Hi when I have a shower a smell like fish appears down stairs any idea ?

View more questions Search