Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mchammer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2008, 07:27 PM
    Smelly shower stall
    We've been having this problem returning for a few months now. We have a house on a concrete slab with a separate tub and shower that every 3 weeks or so has an odor that seems to not go away. The odor is only in our shower and nowhere else. We've bought MULTIPLE products to flush and clean the pipes, but nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?? :confused:
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 2, 2008, 06:27 AM
    We've bought MULTIPLE products to flush and clean the pipes, but nothing seems to work. Any suggestions
    Did you try snaking the drain line out to remove the rotting hair and grease?
    And did you pour a few large pans of boiling water down the drain to loosen up and flush out the remaining crud? Regards, Tom
    therinnaiguy Posts: 153, Reputation: 5

Jan 2, 2008, 02:04 PM
    Do you regularly use the tub to keep water in the trap? If not, periodically run a faucet for 30 seconds to flush out and refill the trap.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adding a second shower head to shower stall [ 4 Answers ]

I'm trying to add a second shower head to a shower stall in the basement. What do I need to do to make sure an equal supply of water at the same temperature runs to both heads. I tried to just run a line from the first shower head to the next but that doesn't work.

Narrow Shower Pan/Shower Stall [ 1 Answers ]

Where I can purchase a shower pan/stall approximately 30" wide by 60"? There isn't sufficient clearance adjacent to the toilet to us a 34" width which is available everywhere?

Shower stall need height of controls and shower head [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Am building a shower and require the height of the taps and the shower head

Smelly shower [ 1 Answers ]

Hi when I have a shower a smell like fish appears down stairs any idea ?

Turning walking shower stall into bathtub/shower combo. [ 4 Answers ]

Question: Current shower drain (2" pipe) runs 5 feet, under slab, to vent stack (5" cast iron vent pipe) of toilet. Will need to move the drain 3ft to wall for new tub. After moving the drain, the complete length of the pipe will still be around 5 feet. We will have to reduce the drain line...

View more questions Search