Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joejoe24 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2008, 05:07 PM
    Sometimes after sex, I bleed for 3-7 days continuously.
    Hey you. I'm 17yrs old and sometimes after sexual intercourse, I bleed for 3-7 days comtinuosly. I don't experience much pain during intercourse and can't seem to find out the problem. I went to the doctor and he told me that itcould be a hormonal imbalance an it could just be that I get my period every 11- 14 days but I doubt it. If it is from sexual intercourse... is this a serious case?
    DeannaM Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2008, 05:57 PM
    I have the same problem... but I bleed 4-5 days max.even if I just got off my period.I went to a guinicoligest (how ever you spell it) and she told me that my utrius was swollen. I'm guessing because I have a high sex drive.now in your case... if you have got a high sex drive then you should probably cut down a little. I don't know what else to tell you...
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2008, 11:17 PM
    There is a hormone that is released with semen, prostaglandin. It can trigger the uterus to contract. Does the bleeding occur if you use a condom?
    joejoe24 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2008, 06:08 AM
    [QUOTE=simoneaugie]There is a hormone that is released with semen, prostaglandin. It can trigger the uterus to contract. Does the bleeding occur if you use a condom?[/QUOTE

It has never occurd with the use of a condom... im really scared because of the amount of blood that I'm losing. What do you suggest that I do? Should I be too concern or worried??
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2008, 01:33 PM
    Record how many pads and/or tampons you go through during the month. See you doctor and tell her of your concern. If you are bleeding so much that you have become anemic the doctor can do a blood test to determine that.

I have heard that if any other mammal lost as much blood as a human female, they would bleed to death. Your body is made to withstand a lot of bleeding. That doesn't mean that it's enjoyable.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2008, 09:04 PM
    Why don't you keep a daily journal with comments about what's going on... bleeding, sex, whatever for a couple of months, and when you look at it you will see a pattern, perhaps.

You can take your results to the obgyne; it would be great help to her.

I can tell you if I had any unexplained blood discharge from anywhere, I would be at the physician's office yesterday.

Good Luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to rewire furnace to NOT run continuously. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, An old roommate rewired my furnace (DC90) so that when the power to the furnace is on the blower motor runs continuously whether thermostat is turned up or not. Any help is greatly appreciated. Mike

AC Fan blowing continuously [ 1 Answers ]

I have never worked with AC's but was asked to look at a issue after someone had already removed a thermostat. The plan was for them to replace old with new digital. There are 8 existing wires on old unit and new digital schematic only shows wiring diagram for up to 5 wires. I decided to try put...

Bleed brakes--max torque to close bleed valve screw? [ 1 Answers ]

Working on a '99 Miata. Changed the right rear caliper, but cannot find information on the maximum torque to close the bleed valve screw. My repair manual does not have this information nor the Kragen store nor the website of the manufacturer--Cardone. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Continuously bleeding one radiator... [ 2 Answers ]

Happy christmas and a bloody good year to you all ;) I changed to all new rads, installed a few more, changed hot water cylinder, a new pump and some pipework a couple of years ago all worked well. Then last summer I put a rad in the bathroom and the pipework is complicated. It works well but is...

Outside fan runs continuously [ 5 Answers ]

This is a very helpful sight and I am hoping someone can give me some advice. I have a fairly new house (5 years old) and I am having some problems with a Carrier unit. At the end of this summer it started tripping the breaker on very hot days and we called a technician whom found nothing wrong. ...

View more questions Search