Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mugford Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2007, 07:06 AM
    Trying to rewire furnace to NOT run continuously.
    Hi,
    An old roommate rewired my furnace (DC90) so that when the power to the furnace is on the blower motor runs continuously whether thermostat is turned up or not. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Mike
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2007, 07:46 AM
    Either thermostat not disconnecting(bad thermostat). Relay or contactor fused closed,
    Or short in wiring.
    Disconnecting 1 wire at a time on thermostat may quickly isolate.
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2007, 07:53 AM
    We don't know what your room mate did to rewire the furnace to make the fan run continuously, he may have bypassed the fan relay or put a jumper from the "G" terminal to the "R" terminal, if you have a schematic wiring diagram you may be able to compare it to the existing wiring and make a determination of what has been changed, Good luck, Mike
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2007, 08:26 AM
    Agree with acetc, Roommate misswired accidentally, or intentionally(To have cooling, without replacing defective part).
    Red Is common at thermostat, when it switches to Green(Fan),Fan Kicks on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Run Furnace Fan [ 2 Answers ]

How to I wire an electric furnace so just the fan runs in the summer.

Run furnace all day? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I just installed a high efficiency gas furnace (Carrier Infinity 96) with variable speed blower motor. To save energy costs should I allow the system to run continuously at low speeds during the day when I am at work or use the timer to turn it off in the morning and on in the late...

Furnace will only run for 45 seconds [ 5 Answers ]

I have replaced the fan swith limit switch and gas valuve. But the furnace comes on and after 30-45 seccs it shuts off the pilot, main gass and fan never comes on.. when the fan should come on it clicks and shuts down every thing. Any help. My suspicion is the wiring is not correct. ( ...

Furnace Pilot stays lit continuously [ 1 Answers ]

My furnace pilot stays lit continuously Even though it states inside of the furnace and I quote "Pilot will light automatically when there is a call for heat. NOTE during thermostat off cycle main burners and PILOT flame are both extinguisehd. I have gotten many rude response that say that's...

Using the furnace blower fan continuously [ 3 Answers ]

Please let me know if it is more efficient to have the blower fan on continuously rather than in the automatic position. If so, does it make a difference in heating mode or AC mode?

View more questions Search