Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Handyman_ Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2007, 06:31 PM
    AC Fan blowing continuously
    I have never worked with AC's but was asked to look at a issue after someone had already removed a thermostat. The plan was for them to replace old with new digital. There are 8 existing wires on old unit and new digital schematic only shows wiring diagram for up to 5 wires. I decided to try put original thermostat back on, But fan motor is blowing continuously along with outside unit. Also when I try to switch fan or system OFF nothing happens with blower it continues to run. Outside unit is a trane XE1000, inside unit is american standard and original thermostat is Trane (thermotron). What is the best way to find out where these wires go? Wire colors (2) greens, (2)blues, (1)whites, (1) yellow, (1) red and (1) green.

Thanks
    Mr. :confused:
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2007, 06:49 PM
    You have a heat pump, you need to go to the air handler and check the colors of the wiring there and connect it the same at the thermostat, being careful to determine the correct wires due to having more then one wire of the same color. You may have blown a fuse if the fan runs constantly, this fuse is inside the air handler if you have one.
    If the stat wires connect to a terminel board you will see the proper lettering on the board.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honeywell CT3200 - fan continuously running [ 2 Answers ]

I just noticed that regardless of whether the FAN switch is in the AUTO or ON position, the fan is continuously running. It just started to do this, this past week, up until now it was fine, only running when the furnace kicked in. When I turn the SYSTEM switch from HEAT or COOL to OFF, it...

Heat pump AHU fan runs continuously [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 12 year old Trane Xe1000 heat pump. Recently I noticed that the fan keeps running continuously even when the outside unit turns off. It's as if the tstat fan switch is set to On (it's not) instead of Auto. I tried a few things: 1) In the tstat (weathertron) I disconnected the fan...

Sizing pipe for natural gas and fan runs continuously [ 2 Answers ]

Folks, I've got a couple of question concerning a Goodman Furnace GPG13: 1. This furnace is rated at 138,000 BTU. My gas meter is a 2 pound system. The furnace is about 20 feet away from the meter. Currently I've got 1/2" pipe connected to it. Is this right? Or should I use 3/4" pipe? How do...

Using the furnace blower fan continuously [ 3 Answers ]

Please let me know if it is more efficient to have the blower fan on continuously rather than in the automatic position. If so, does it make a difference in heating mode or AC mode?

Outside fan runs continuously [ 5 Answers ]

This is a very helpful sight and I am hoping someone can give me some advice. I have a fairly new house (5 years old) and I am having some problems with a Carrier unit. At the end of this summer it started tripping the breaker on very hot days and we called a technician whom found nothing wrong. ...

View more questions Search