Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cristianne Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2008, 04:39 PM
    Well pump control box
    Our pump turned on and was building pressure, kicked the breaker, and has not restarted. I first changed the breaker, no luck. Then I changed the pressure switch, same result. I'm wondering how to check the control box before spending money on that.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 22, 2008, 06:57 AM
    The control box and the pressure switch are one and the same. I would check the motor windings on the pump before I went any farther. Good luck and keep me informed, Tim
    ddollinger Posts: 145, Reputation: 12

Apr 22, 2008, 09:42 AM
    I agree with speedball. If the motor is going bad it will take more juice to run it. Sometimes you can disassemble the motor and clean up the armature and magnets with emory cloth. If the windings are bad you will be replacing the unit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Well Pump Control Box damaged [ 4 Answers ]

Is there a real link between a power outage and my water well control box being damaged during a power outage? If this could be possible how would it happen? What can I visually check in the Control box to tell if the electrical terminal was damaged?:confused:

Heat pump wiring?control board [ 2 Answers ]

I got a call for replacing a T-stat... (for home). The York heat pump... after replace with the new one. I found the blown fuse at the airhandler... changed... now I have the blower up and now the electric heat is temporarily used but the unit outside is not running... In heating mode : the unit...

Dual switchable thermostats for heat pump control at night. [ 6 Answers ]

I would like to have my heat pump controlled by the centrally located main thermostat during the day, but switch to a different thermostat located in my bedroom during the night. Is this possible and how would I go about wiring it? I was hoping it may be a readily available kit?

Heat pump control [ 1 Answers ]

I have Lennox heat pump about 10 year old. The control center is called Harmony II. There is a red light which has been on/off for a few years now. The mannuel says it indicates need of service. The service contractor tried very hard and could not fix it or find out why (I do not have...

View more questions Search