Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eschuen Posts: 62, Reputation: 6

Apr 16, 2008, 06:17 PM
    Mirror cutting possible?
    Can anyone tell me if there is a trick to cutting a mirror
    ac101 Posts: 463, Reputation: 57

Apr 16, 2008, 06:20 PM
    YES, patience, practice and a good glass cutting tool what type of mirror i.e. how thick how big and are these straight line cuts.
    eschuen Posts: 62, Reputation: 6

Apr 16, 2008, 06:23 PM
    Actually I'm going to buy a new mirror because I won't pay what a mirror shop wants for one. I can't find an exact size si I'm going to buy a cheap one at Lowe's and cut it down. It a relacement for a bathroom medicine chest. So your saying cut it the same as glass? Oh it looks to be maybe 3/16'' thick
    ac101 Posts: 463, Reputation: 57

Apr 16, 2008, 06:29 PM
    A mirror that thin should cut just like glass with a good cutter. How will the edges be finished does the mirror mount in some type of frame. The cut edges will be sharp!
    In the interest of safety might be a good idea to wear gloves and goggles . If you have any other questions post back . GOOD LUCK , AC
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 16, 2008, 08:24 PM
    Only cut a miror if the edges will be covered by trim. Your cut will not be factory smooth and the silver on the backside may be a bit jagged. If you want to get a factory edge you would need to sand and it could be tedious.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Man in the Mirror [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know the name of an episode from a TV show like tales from the crypt or tales from the darkside, where a guy is being stalked by a demon/ ghost that can only be seen in a mirror or reflection. At the end, the demon/ ghost kills him and the man turns into the demon/ ghost. I have been...

Magic Mirror [ 3 Answers ]

There wa this movie that I saw when I was little. It was about this little girl and she was trying to get the bad guys back to where they come from through this mirror, and she had to do it before the time was up. If you can help me, it would be awsome thank you!

I broke a Mirror [ 16 Answers ]

I broke a mirror by knocking it down when I opened a cabinet. Am I officially screwed for 7 years? LOL

Convex mirror ( help me ) [ 1 Answers ]

A candle is placed in 15.0 cm in front of a convex mirror. When the convex mirror is replaced by a plane mirror, the image moves back 7.00 cm (further away from the mirror). Fing the focal length of the convex mirror.

Cutting Mirror Tiles [ 2 Answers ]

I am putting in a backsplash of 6" square, beveled mirror tiles (the kind you find in crafts stores). We would like to cut rectangular holes in the tile for electrical outlets? Is there a way to do this? I have bought some extra tiles, but certainly not enough to have too many failures. These...

View more questions Search