Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    luxshy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2007, 06:11 PM
    Convex mirror ( help me )
    A candle is placed in 15.0 cm in front of a convex mirror. When the convex mirror is replaced by a plane mirror, the image moves back 7.00 cm (further away from the mirror). Fing the focal length of the convex mirror.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2007, 11:26 PM
    I'm not sure which one, I never did mirrors really, but I think it would be either 8/15 or 15/8

When the plane mirror is there, the image is, by definition, 15cm behind the mirror, and it moves forward 7cm to 8cm behind the mirror when you put the convex one in...

You will need to apply your knowledge but I hope this gets you started :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mirror tiles [ 6 Answers ]

Recently I bought some mirror wall tiles and when I asked how to cut them the Home Depot employee said the only thing I could use was a little red tool with a tiny metal wheel on the end. I've about ruined all of the one package of tiles trying to cut a straight line. I must not be strong enough to...

Film on mirror [ 2 Answers ]

Any advice on the best way to clean mirrors. W are non smokers, however,it seems if there is a film on my mirrors. Also, any ideas on the best way to clean windows. My windows are old and have to be removed from the outside

Cutting Mirror Tiles [ 2 Answers ]

I am putting in a backsplash of 6" square, beveled mirror tiles (the kind you find in crafts stores). We would like to cut rectangular holes in the tile for electrical outlets? Is there a way to do this? I have bought some extra tiles, but certainly not enough to have too many failures. These...

How to hang a bedroom mirror [ 2 Answers ]

I just moved and need someone to help hang a bedroom mirror. Can anyone suggest how this can be done? Gatnus Rockaway, NJ

View more questions Search