Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kirsimkin Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2008, 08:44 AM
    Divorcing immigrant wife--when is the best time ?
    I've brought my wife to the US on a fiancé visa and we've been married for a year. It became painfully clear that she only married me to come to the US and she is not in love with me like I was with her. Few months ago she received her conditional green card. I want to divorce her but I found out that it is very expansive and time consuming. I thought about just not filing form I-751 with her when the 2-year anniversary approaches since, as I understand it, she would be required to leave the US. Or may be filing for divorce right before 2-nd year anniversary? Has anyone been in this situation before? What would you recommend as the best course of action?
    Cebuana_1978 Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2008, 12:13 AM
    That is so sad. NOw is the best time while it is conditional because after 2 years there is another interview for her if your marriage is working. They will ask for proof that you will live together for 2 years, as you can see it is a conditional, it is not permanent yet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How can I get my wife to go to work full time? [ 6 Answers ]

I'm having difficulty getting my wife to go to work full time to get us back on our financial feet again . When I bring up the topic it gets to where she is always on the defensive. All of our children are grown and she works part time 2 days a week by her choice. It started as 3 days but she told...

H1 filing taxes for first time(wife and kid on H4) [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I came to US in April'07 on H1B and started working since May'07. My wife and kid came in August'07. I am confused as to whether 183 day rule applies to them or is it fine as long as they are physically present in US by Dec 31 for tax filing purposes? Appreciate any help. Thanks,...

Wife still loves Exboyfriend / phones him all the time [ 30 Answers ]

Folks, I need advice and I'm willing to read what others have to say about this. What do I do with the EX that doesn't go away and doesn't move on? My wife and I have been married for just over 7 years and we have two beautiful little girls ages 3 and 6. My wife and I met through my best friend...

Ex-Wife disagrees on parenting time [ 4 Answers ]

I recently got a divorce and was given visitation of my 1 and a half year old son. The divorce paper work states as follows: "For the next month-and-a-half, Father shall have parenting time with the minor child two days a week, for six hours each day, with Mother present orientating Father...

Divorcing an Immigrant in Callifornia [ 2 Answers ]

My girlfreind will be here soon from Thailand on a fiancé visa and she has no money and I have a good amount of money. My question is, if we do marry without a prenup and we get a divorce with in a couple of years, will I have to give her half? We are located in California by the way.

View more questions Search