Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frog06011011 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2008, 02:27 PM
    Home Foreclosure
    I have actually set up a payment agreement with my mortgage company and when I fist set it up I sent in my monthly payments like I was scheduled to. Then in Feb. *3 months later* they contacted me stating they didn't have all the signature papers and they sent the money back well so I faxed the paper work numerous of times and in the process of faxing the paper work the company kept telling me to resend the money costing me to send the money. They finally got it and I spoke to them and they said they would apply it to my account. Today I find out they sent the payment back again. Can they do this by law??
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 19, 2008, 07:47 PM
    Ok, if you had an agreement for catching up your payments and it was accepted and signed by them ( and you have proof) no they can not do that. And you can merely mail ( not send another way) the payments with a letter showing that you have this agreement and they are obligated to follow it. But you have to keep sending you your payments,
    If you are even one day late making those agreed payments they don't have to accept the agreement.
    Next stop talking to them on the phone, do't send the money western union, do everything in writing, if they don't write it down, it is like it was never done.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Renting a home going into foreclosure [ 1 Answers ]

I am renting a house and it got served foreclosure papers what should I do?

Rental home going into foreclosure [ 2 Answers ]

I have been renting my house since July of this year. I just found out that my landlord has not been making the payments on the house and it is going into foreclosure, she just told me about it and thinks that I should be out of the house by the end of this month! What are my rights? How long do...

Renting a home in foreclosure [ 1 Answers ]

Help me. I just found out the owner of a home I am renting is not paying the mortgage how can I find out where the home is in the foreclosure process? I am living in CA.

Foreclosure on home [ 5 Answers ]

I am letting the bank foreclose on a vacant home. Do I have to keept the utilities turned so so the pipes won't freeze? Also, do I have to keep up the insurance until the bank officially takes it back?

Foreclosure on the 2nd home [ 3 Answers ]

I live in California and thinking of returning my second home back to the bank because it will cause me nore money to sell . Can they run after my primary home that I'm living in right now?

View more questions Search