Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    james2912 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2008, 05:33 AM
    Allergic to hair dyes
    I am trying to dye my grey beard back to black, but I have a bad reaction to the dyes sold in stores.(burning, redness) thanks for the help

I am using a dye specifically for face and beard
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2008, 03:14 PM
    Are you using hair dye or facial hair dye?
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Mar 7, 2008, 04:53 PM
    Some hair dyes use a substance called para-phenylenediamine (PPD) which can cause allergies, such as redness, itchiness or rashes. Opt for an PPD-free or ammonia-free hair dye. Be sure to do a patch test for allergic reactions before applying the dye to the hair. Apply a small drop of the dye on your inner elbow or behind the ear. Allow it to dry for 48 hours. If any redness or irritation occurs, do not use it and look for a hair dye that's designed for beards.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Allergic to hair dye? What should I do? [ 27 Answers ]

Ok so, I wanted to dye my hair brown again, and I went to the store to pick out a dye, I picked up L'Oreal Preference in Medium Ash Brown, and didn't think anything of it because I have used Feria before, and they are the same brand. I dyed my hair Saturday evening and when I woke up Sunday morning...

Semi-permanent hair dyes [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I'm getting blue highlights today and I only found the Semi-permanent hair dyes. Since it washes out between 6-12 hair dyes, and the bottle is quite big, will it damage my hair really badly if I dye it over and over again? Please reply soon! :)

Allergy to all hair dyes [ 4 Answers ]

I am terribly allergic to all types of hair dyes including henna. Is there anything that I could use that is hypo allergenic Bunny

Hair Dyes [ 3 Answers ]

I just dyed my hair today, with LorealCreme... I have used it in the past , my hair was quite light brown with some grays. I used a medium brown, well it came out pretty dark dark brown, almost black to me, how do I lighten this.:confused:

Black hair - used other dyes - ColorZAP - Will it work? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I dyed my hair from dark brown to black a while ago. Since then, I've tried lighting it with other lighter brown hair dyes. Well, now I know that doesn't work. It just turned my roots orange. What I would like to know is if I use ColorZAP will it still work even though I've tried dying it...

View more questions Search