Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thousandxWords Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2007, 12:46 PM
    Semi-permanent hair dyes
    Hi! I'm getting blue highlights today and I only found the Semi-permanent hair dyes. Since it washes out between 6-12 hair dyes, and the bottle is quite big, will it damage my hair really badly if I dye it over and over again?

Please reply soon! :)
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2007, 01:21 PM
    Hair dye isn't good for your hair, period, so you best bet might be to go to the hairdressr and just get one permanent dye.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Dec 1, 2007, 02:33 PM
    Hair colors that are pink, blue or purple are known as unnatural colors. So there is no real "permanent" blue hair color. Semi-permanent hair colors are less damaging than permanent hair color. That's because semi-permanent colors contains a low percentage of peroxide and no ammonia in it. No, it won't damage your hair if you use it more than once.
    kristenashleigh Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2007, 04:31 PM
    I've found that colors don't really fade...
    Like, they get lighter, but they don't leave
    Until you dye over them,
    I experienced this with pink, red, and blue...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I tone down or remove a semi permanent red hair dye over bleach blonde hair? [ 3 Answers ]

I am at my wits end! I had my hair professionally frosted about two months ago. I like the blonde, with my dark hair roots, but I wanted to add some red low lights with the blonde streaking throughout. However, I did not get the results I wanted. Now I have dark roots, and a multi blonde/red...

Permanent to semi-permanent hair color [ 1 Answers ]

I used semi-permanent hair color for years, then asked my stylist to change over to permanent. Now I'm trying to grow out my hair a bit and don't need to go to the shop as often, plus I'm convinced that the permanent dye is drying out my hair. So I want to go back to semi and I want to do it...

Permanent & Semi Permanent Hair Color [ 3 Answers ]

HELP - I want to remove the Black hair dye (my natural color is dark brown) but I've used BOTH semi and permanent shades of black colors. Besides going to a Salon what's my best alternative? Thank you.:confused: :confused:

ColorZap on semi-permanent hair? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a naturally light brown hair and I dyed it semi-permanent black (by Herbal Essences). I was wondering if using ColorZap will get it lighter or down to my normal base color of light brown. I don't want to damage my hair anymore since I swim (chlorine included) five times a week. Thanks for...

View more questions Search