Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bunny171 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2007, 02:33 AM
    Allergy to all hair dyes
    I am terribly allergic to all types of hair dyes including henna. Is there anything that I could use that is hypo allergenic
    Bunny
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2007, 01:58 PM
    Are you trying to make your hair lighter or streaked?
    If so you can try a mixture of chamomile (from health food store) and 1/4 cup of lemon juice to 3/4 cup of water, put it in a spray bottle and spritz it on your hair - but NOT on your scalp.

You could try Sun In too but I am not sure of the ingredients
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Nov 15, 2007, 05:34 PM
    Some permanent hair dyes contain an ingredient called para-phenylenediamine (PPD) which can cause allergies. Other ingredients in hair dyes that can cause allergies are called 6-hydroxyindole, Isatin and p-Methylaminophenol. Try using a peroxide free or PPD free hair dye. Make sure you look at the ingredients and do a patch test before dyeing your hair.

Nov 16, 2007, 04:31 AM
    Is there any know products on the market that I can use. I have black hair. Thank you
    Bunny

Nov 16, 2007, 04:32 AM
    Comment on PrettyLady's post
    It went into details about ingredients that I should not use. Thank you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair Dyes [ 3 Answers ]

I just dyed my hair today, with LorealCreme... I have used it in the past , my hair was quite light brown with some grays. I used a medium brown, well it came out pretty dark dark brown, almost black to me, how do I lighten this.:confused:

Propylene Gylcol - Dyes [ 1 Answers ]

I current an working on a commercial sports product that involves the use of about 3.5 oz of a 50/50 solution of propylene gylcol / distilled water. The liquid is in motion in the product and moves about,. when we attempt to dye the liquid red, it begins to foam slightly as it moves about. How can...

Do I have allergy [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I normally do not have smelly sweat, but these days I feel my sweat smells under one are, and I have red itchy bumps all over, I scratch them and they leave marks all over , do I have allergy ? I have never had any kind of allergy all my life.

Black hair - used other dyes - ColorZAP - Will it work? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I dyed my hair from dark brown to black a while ago. Since then, I've tried lighting it with other lighter brown hair dyes. Well, now I know that doesn't work. It just turned my roots orange. What I would like to know is if I use ColorZAP will it still work even though I've tried dying it...

View more questions Search