Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spilkerc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2008, 07:50 PM
    Washer filling up after spins out
    My washer in the basement fills back up with water after it spins out. The water has just become foul smelling when it returns to the washer. I have already had my septic tank pumped. What else could be the problem?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Feb 24, 2008, 07:58 PM
    Sounds like water is coming back into the washer from the drain line. Tell us about you drain hose and piping. A pic might help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool washer spins as it drains [ 1 Answers ]

My Whirlpool washer is old but I haven't had trouble from it until now. Model# A5550XPW7... serial#CX2964691. It leaves water in the tub at the end of the wash and rinse cycle. More water with each cycle. Yesterday I took off the hoses and checked for blockage and nothing. It drained the standing...

GE Washer Fills and Spins but does not Agitate [ 1 Answers ]

I have little experience with appliances, but before getting a new washer, I was wondering what might cause a GE washer to be able to spin and fill, but not agitate. Could it be something that I could fix on my own? I hear and see it trying to agitate, but it kind of makes a whirring noise and...

4 month old whirlpool washer spins sometimes. [ 6 Answers ]

After the wash cycle the washer makes a sound but doesn't spin, it does drain the water out though. If you lift the lid and shut it then the spinning starts... anyone have any ideas before I call stupid whirlpool. Thanks Tiffany

Washer spins while it drains and leaks [ 1 Answers ]

My wife had a problem with our Kenmore washer model number 110.26914691 with water all over the floor during a large cycle. I took it outside and checked to see if there were any leaks in the hoses or tub. There were none. I removed the cabinet and ran a small load test cycle. I was able to confirm...

View more questions Search