Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    concerned17 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2008, 12:08 AM
    Backing up accident
    If a car is backing up straight slowly and another car is trying to get into a parking spot and goes onto your side of the street and you collide whose fault is it
    youcantstop48 Posts: 152, Reputation: 16

Feb 24, 2008, 12:10 AM
    Sounds to me like it would be the one backing up

Feb 24, 2008, 12:24 AM
    But what if it was a very small street and the person backing up was going straight and the person that was trying to get into the parking spot was going diagnolally into both sides of the street AND she was on her cell phone which is illegal in CA

Feb 24, 2008, 12:28 AM
    Lol sounds to me like you were the one backing up? But if she was doing all of this then I would say it was her fault if she cut you off and was on her phone

Feb 24, 2008, 12:32 AM
    I wasn't backing up my friend was buy she totally came out of nowhere because he looked back and I was looking back the entire time and I didn't see her car at all until she randomly came out of the spot onto our lane. And I'm very mad because I was calimg my riend down and telling hm its not her fault and she called me a b*&%$ wth an attitude problem and a big mouth

Feb 24, 2008, 12:34 AM
    I don't know, who got the ticket?

Feb 24, 2008, 12:36 AM
    No one. There's like a 2 inch scratch on her car and she wants my friend to pay for it but I think that's totally wrong since she was in our lane and she was on her cell phone

Feb 24, 2008, 12:38 AM
    I don't know dear, how is this chick going to prove something if she didn't get a police report

Feb 24, 2008, 12:44 AM
    She can't prove anything right? My friend has the advantage because he has a witness in the car and if someone looks at her cell phone records they will see that she was on the phone at that time

Feb 24, 2008, 12:46 AM
    Lol your too much, I wouldn't worry about it, but I doubt if its going to go that far to where they pull phone records, for one thing if no report was filed how is she going to prove what time it happened so how ru going to be able to prove she was on the phone? I would leave it alone

Feb 24, 2008, 12:51 AM
    I'm just scared that she's going to report it to her insurance company first and even though the damage is probably like 100$ or less the person who reports it first they usually believe and my friends insurance is going to go up like crazy

Feb 24, 2008, 12:55 AM
    Well as far as I know you have to have a police report, otherwise I could say anyone ran into me and get money from the insurance company

Feb 24, 2008, 01:00 AM
    Well you don't have to have a police report especially if it was something super minor like an accident where no one got hurt and the damage is less than 1000$ but do they believe the person who calls their insurance first or the person with the witness

Feb 24, 2008, 01:02 AM
    That's ridiculous, I can't believe that I can call my insurance company and tell them someone hit me without no proof that it was that person

Feb 24, 2008, 01:07 AM
    I mean I'm sure that the person has to agree that there was an accident or something because like a month ago someone hit my moms car while she was stopped on a red light and we called the insurance company and there was no police report and no witnesses and after they talked to the person that hit her they concluded whose fault it was without a police report or anything

Feb 24, 2008, 01:08 AM
    Well deny it then, lol

Feb 24, 2008, 01:10 AM
    No way it was her fault and she better pay up and not only fix her own car but pay us for the mental trauma she caused me by calling me those words lol

Feb 24, 2008, 01:12 AM
    So the damage was done to your car?

Feb 24, 2008, 01:14 AM
    No there's nothing on our car there's literally a 2cm scratch on hers

Feb 24, 2008, 01:18 AM
    OK your confusing me, then why did you say she bettter pay up?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Backing Up and Gurgling [ 1 Answers ]

My septic system is backing up when it rains. When the washing machine drains it gurgles in the commode, and backs up in the bathtub. I think it is the drain line in my drain field; the water that comes back in the tube is soppy or clear most of the time My question is do I need to put in a new...

Backing up... [ 1 Answers ]

I looked around some and didn't quite see a question about this, my apologies if you've answered it eighty times already... :D I am having problems with my kitchen/washing machine draining properly. I have attached an image I made to create a better picture. My kitchen shares a wall with my...

Backing up! [ 2 Answers ]

My shower, bathtub and toilet were all backing up - I called my home insurance program and when the plumber came he said I wasn't covered (of course) because it was a root problem. He said he would have to use a camera to see the problem, and suggested it would cost $1000 +/- to fix. He then said...

I'm backing up... [ 1 Answers ]

In the past few days the plumbing in my house has gone to crap... literally. It started with a slow draining bathroom sink on the 2nd level of the house. Liquid Plumber Gel did the trick. Then the toilet clogged. Plunger did it's job. Then we noticed the toilet on the lower level was moving...

View more questions Search