Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HJackT Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2006, 04:10 AM
    Backing Up and Gurgling
    My septic system is backing up when it rains.
    When the washing machine drains it gurgles in the commode, and backs up in the bathtub. I think it is the drain line in my drain field; the water that comes back in the tube is soppy or clear most of the time

My question is do I need to put in a new field drain or is there something else I can do? I ran a snake between the tank and the house and it is clear. I am hooked up to my own septic tank.

Any help would be good.

Thanks in advance.
    Jack T
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 15, 2006, 12:19 PM
    Hey Jack,

It sounds like the ground around the drain field's saturated and will no longer allow the moisture to percolate into the ground. You need a septic system guy out to tell you what your options are. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gurgling toilet [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, We have a lift pump in the basement. Whenever the washer empties, our upstairs toilet Gurgles up a lot. We've had the septic taken care of and pipes in the basement replaced and it still does this. The vent pipes were supposedly taken care of too. We are stumped. Any help would be...

Toilets gurgling/backing up/smells [ 1 Answers ]

I have had plumbers and the city waste department but no help they tell me it is the others problem. My downstairs 3 toilets start gurgling, then the water level drops then rises quickly causing over flow. My shower and tub downstairs then fill up. The city guy came this morning and told me the...

Gurgling and draining issues [ 1 Answers ]

Over the last few weeks, we've noticed that when we flush the toilet, it gurgles in our kitchen sink (the bathroom is on the second level and the kitchen is on the first level). When you drain the bathtub it gurgles as well, but not as much. Yesterday I put a load of laundry on to wash and when...

Gurgling Perhaps? [ 3 Answers ]

New to this, but from what I have read, this is the right place to be. New Home, so I would assume that there is no clogging. When we flush a toilet in one bathroom (upstairs), gurgling occurrs. We can hear it from the shower drains (both of the upstairs' showers). Air pockets are emitted...

Gurgling Noise In Pipes [ 7 Answers ]

I have heard a noise for the past month in my water lines, in the wall where the main water shut-off is located. However, it is not constant. It is a humming/gurgling noise in my lines. Im thinking that it originates from my main water shutoff point, because when you put your hand on the valve, you...

View more questions Search