Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Cars & Trucks (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Backing up accident (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=187594)

• Feb 24, 2008, 12:08 AM
    concerned17
    Backing up accident
    If a car is backing up straight slowly and another car is trying to get into a parking spot and goes onto your side of the street and you collide whose fault is it
  • Feb 24, 2008, 12:10 AM
    youcantstop48
    Sounds to me like it would be the one backing up
  • Feb 24, 2008, 12:24 AM
    concerned17
    But what if it was a very small street and the person backing up was going straight and the person that was trying to get into the parking spot was going diagnolally into both sides of the street AND she was on her cell phone which is illegal in CA
  • Feb 24, 2008, 12:28 AM
    youcantstop48
    Lol sounds to me like you were the one backing up? But if she was doing all of this then I would say it was her fault if she cut you off and was on her phone
  • Feb 24, 2008, 12:32 AM
    concerned17
    I wasn't backing up my friend was buy she totally came out of nowhere because he looked back and I was looking back the entire time and I didn't see her car at all until she randomly came out of the spot onto our lane. And I'm very mad because I was calimg my riend down and telling hm its not her fault and she called me a b*&%$ wth an attitude problem and a big mouth
  • Feb 24, 2008, 12:34 AM
    youcantstop48
    I don't know, who got the ticket?
  • Feb 24, 2008, 12:36 AM
    concerned17
    No one. There's like a 2 inch scratch on her car and she wants my friend to pay for it but I think that's totally wrong since she was in our lane and she was on her cell phone
  • Feb 24, 2008, 12:38 AM
    youcantstop48
    I don't know dear, how is this chick going to prove something if she didn't get a police report
  • Feb 24, 2008, 12:44 AM
    concerned17
    She can't prove anything right? My friend has the advantage because he has a witness in the car and if someone looks at her cell phone records they will see that she was on the phone at that time
  • Feb 24, 2008, 12:46 AM
    youcantstop48
    Lol your too much, I wouldn't worry about it, but I doubt if its going to go that far to where they pull phone records, for one thing if no report was filed how is she going to prove what time it happened so how ru going to be able to prove she was on the phone? I would leave it alone
  • Feb 24, 2008, 12:51 AM
    concerned17
    I'm just scared that she's going to report it to her insurance company first and even though the damage is probably like 100$ or less the person who reports it first they usually believe and my friends insurance is going to go up like crazy
  • Feb 24, 2008, 12:55 AM
    youcantstop48
    Well as far as I know you have to have a police report, otherwise I could say anyone ran into me and get money from the insurance company
  • Feb 24, 2008, 01:00 AM
    concerned17
    Well you don't have to have a police report especially if it was something super minor like an accident where no one got hurt and the damage is less than 1000$ but do they believe the person who calls their insurance first or the person with the witness
  • Feb 24, 2008, 01:02 AM
    youcantstop48
    That's ridiculous, I can't believe that I can call my insurance company and tell them someone hit me without no proof that it was that person
  • Feb 24, 2008, 01:07 AM
    concerned17
    I mean I'm sure that the person has to agree that there was an accident or something because like a month ago someone hit my moms car while she was stopped on a red light and we called the insurance company and there was no police report and no witnesses and after they talked to the person that hit her they concluded whose fault it was without a police report or anything
  • Feb 24, 2008, 01:08 AM
    youcantstop48
    Well deny it then, lol
  • Feb 24, 2008, 01:10 AM
    concerned17
    No way it was her fault and she better pay up and not only fix her own car but pay us for the mental trauma she caused me by calling me those words lol
  • Feb 24, 2008, 01:12 AM
    youcantstop48
    So the damage was done to your car?
  • Feb 24, 2008, 01:14 AM
    concerned17
    No there's nothing on our car there's literally a 2cm scratch on hers
  • Feb 24, 2008, 01:18 AM
    youcantstop48
    OK your confusing me, then why did you say she bettter pay up?