Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justbeme Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2008, 07:14 PM
    Should I feel bad about being honest
    It has been awhile since my last post and needless to say things have not changed much. I am little bit concerned because I love my husband but am unsure about the outcome of our marriage, we are still no closer to being on the same page and new things have come to my attention that I am really not that happy about. How do I get through to someone who thinks the only thing people want to do to him is hurt or leave him? And when is enough really enough? He asked me to be honest and when I did he was hurt and I felt guilty for being honest. What do I do?
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Feb 23, 2008, 07:21 PM
    You have nothing to lose by being honest, really, you don't. I trust you weren't mean or vindictive when you opened up to him, so if he can't handle it, well... you two were already not doing well, so now at least he has more insight as to why.

You really need to be working on setting up your life for success. Once you know you're secure in your own situation, you two are free to pursue whatever your next step will be... either counseling or official divorce.
    justbeme Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2008, 07:25 PM
    Thanks, no I was not mean. I just answered his questions. I asked him about seeing a professional and that was a no go.
    l12 Posts: 65, Reputation: 3

Mar 8, 2008, 09:26 PM
    When you get your answer... maybe I'll get mine... it's so hard to be completely honest with each other... someone will get hurt... but not letting it out is not fair to you... we only have one life on earth... and being unhappy should Not fit into our destiny... so... take a good look at yourself. And ponder.. what you can do to make your life better... and maybe, then you'll know whether to love or leave
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 9, 2008, 03:53 PM
    This is way beyond the point of being honest, its time to go. You will not succeed with him in your life. Making the effort is commendable, but futile, as you have proven to yourself, so the time for talk is long past. Time to go, and rebuild yourself without him. Can't get worse can it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I just broke up with my boyfriend, should I feel bad [ 5 Answers ]

Omg... I just broke up with my boyfriend. This relationship lasted 1 month. I broke up with him cause he acted childish most of the times, it made me wonder is my boyfriend a man or a boy. I let my mind take him as a boy... thatz when I realized that it had to end. Should I feel bad for what I...

Now I feel bad. [ 21 Answers ]

okay, so most of you know about my dad because like its everywhere. well a couple months ago he turned off my cell phone, and today it came back on and I think its because his x- and I made him feel guilty for not being there for me.. now I feel bad. I think another reason he turned it...

I'm feeling something I shouldn't, and I feel bad about myself. [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, so me and my boyfriend have been together for a year and 4 months. I'm 19, and he's 22. I was a virgin when we started going out. He wasn't and I knew this before losing my virginity to him. My ideal had always been to lose my virginity to another virgin, because I figured it would make it...

I feel bad [ 12 Answers ]

I have been at the same job for 10 years... I have recently found out that I have COPD and that because of previos accidents I am unable to do my job to its full extent... I gave my notice but now I feel like I have let my boss down... I am so confused... I culd do the work but my body would not...

Should I feel bad? [ 2 Answers ]

Well I've been on again off again with this same guy for about 3 years now.. although our relationship efforts never seem to work, I guess cause we're both so much alike and stubborn we both care about each other a lot. Through these years we've both attempted seeing other people, but for some...

View more questions Search