Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    concerns dudu Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2008, 10:00 PM
    Criminal records in canada
    Hello,
    I wasn't thinking properly back then,
    12 years ago I caught shoplifting small amount of merchant at the bay store in canada, a security guard took me the back room and take my id and so on , they said they will call the police but police never show up and 30 min so they let me go and told me I will get a letter from then and compensate the loss and have to pay fine and so on but I never hear from them or police.
    Now I applied a job in the bank but they will check my background and criminal records before hire me , is will show on my record what so ever... or can it show on any record in local police station ?
    I need this job for my family... I need help
    I was not a minor that time.

Sincerely,
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2008, 10:03 PM
    If the police never showed up and you never heard anything from it I doubt it could be on a record. You were never processed by the police.

Feb 22, 2008, 10:06 PM
    No, I never did nor heard from company.. it was 12 years ago...
    By the way thank you for your answer
    Greg Quinn Posts: 486, Reputation: 85

Feb 22, 2008, 10:37 PM
    Seems you will be fine. They would have had to arrest and release you, you can not have a record of a criminal act if you did not go through some form of police processing. We still have a statute of limitations (For lesser charges) and this charge is so far beyond the prescriptive period for any charges or prosecution to be made. You never have to worry about these ''monstrous allegations'' again.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 22, 2008, 11:53 PM
    No, in Canada they would have given you a date to go in and be photo'ed and fingerprinted, and you would have had a court date, if that did not happen you can not have a record.

Feb 23, 2008, 01:29 PM
    Thank you very much for all responses, I do appreciated all of you and this is good lesson for me... this kind of stupid action I never done before or never will do again... thank you again

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Criminal records exsponge [ 4 Answers ]

How do I get my criminal record exsponged

Criminal Summons Canada [ 5 Answers ]

If I was given a letter that states that a criminal summons will be obtained by the Police what does that mean? The police were not called at the time of the incident. I was given this from the security guard at the store? Does that mean I WILL be chared by the Police? Any help would be great!

Criminal Records in Canada [ 1 Answers ]

How do they work? Once you have one what are your options? How long does it stay, what jobs are restricted is there any way to get rid of it? Thank you :)

Criminal Records [ 1 Answers ]

I wanted get a clarification on what will show up if an potential employer was to do a criminal search. If I was charged with an indictable offence, but have not been found guilty and is still in the process of the courts, will this show up on the criminal history background check? What if...

What government agencies has access to expunged criminal records? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi Folks, I'm hoping that someone here can help me with some info that I can't seem to find elsewhere. I have been arrested three times in Illinois. I can have all three cases expunged, which I will, but one of the cases still worry me. I was arrested for solicitation of prostitution a few years...

View more questions Search