Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sarah_s Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2008, 06:29 PM
    Pill & Morning Pill
    Okay. I have this question.
    Can you take a morning-after-pill even though, your on birth control? Not, questioning that if may decrease the effectiveness of the birth pill but, will it more safer to take the morning-pill if you had unprotected sex? Probably, double the protection? Just wondering. Thanks!
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2008, 12:05 AM
    It's not really double the protection, but if you are already on birth control you will want to talk to your doctor before taking the morning-after pill because the hormones could interfere with your pill, or even be extra on top of your pill and may harm you.
    nicki143 Posts: 187, Reputation: 22

Feb 21, 2008, 12:07 AM
    I was on the pill missed one took the morning after pill and now have a son would not swap him for the world but taking them did not work
    sarah_s Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2008, 10:10 AM
    Thank-you for the info!
    jenngunn Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2008, 03:19 PM
    Morning after pill is really bad for your body. I new girls that would take them all the time.
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2008, 10:00 PM
    They're not necessarily bad for your body, but the hormones can really mess with your menstrual cycle, and too many hormones can play with your emotions and cause weight gain/loss, and other sickness.

Girls who take them all the time need to stop having intercourse or get themselves on some reliable contraception...
    jenngunn Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2008, 09:30 PM
    Hormones can really mess with your menstrual cycle, and too many hormones can play with your emotions and cause weight gain/loss, and other sickness.

I would count that as being bad for your body.

And we don't know in a few years if its going to make it hard to have children.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Morning After Pill [ 2 Answers ]

I took a morning after pill about three or four weeks ago and it caused the usual bleeding after a week. I took another one about a week later (condom broke) and again, the bleeding came a week later. I have two questions. 1. When can I expect my period to come? If they were periods, I should be...

Morning after pill [ 4 Answers ]

Hi everyone I'm 17 and started my periods 2 years ago. I have never had sex but stupidly on Thursday just gone I let a guy finger me the thing is I think he ejaculated on his fingers first before he put them inside me. On Saturday I bought the leveonelle morning after pill and took it, I was due...

Morning after pill [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there I took Ovral 21 morning after pills... 2 pills and then another 2 pills twelve hours later. I took them on April 22nd and now its May 10th and I just started getting some VERY light spotting today and now its stopped. Is this a sign my period is coming ? ...

I took the morning after pill recently and ever since then Ive been really sick to my stomach I know that it is a side affect but should it last longer than 24 hrs? Also does this pill only work on females 17 and under? We decided that I should take the pill to try and prevent me from getting...

How long after taking a morning after pill should I expect my period?

View more questions Search