Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Curious0-1 Posts: 38, Reputation: 3

Feb 17, 2008, 09:02 PM
    On My Way To Sexy
    I am curious!! I have been doing SO good. I have been going to the gym4-5 times a week for a period of 40-45 minutes each time. I am 5'2 and 170 lbs. I don't look bad, but I would like to look even hotter. I am very curvacious and my boyfriend says I'm sexy. I don't think I am fat, just chubby. I would like to lose 30-40 lbs. BUT I also want to keep my curves. (I'm latina, curves are a must!) Well, my problem is that I have been going to the gym for a month now, and I still weigh the same. I have noticed that my belly is going down (flatter) and my thighs seem more smooth, but not quite how I want them, obviously. I am confused at the fact that I still haven't lost any weight. Is that normal? It's been 4 weeks exactly. I am sticking to the cardio work outs. Tredmill, stair climber, bike, and a little bit of strength training. I have cut back on the foods that I am eating, but still may be not enough. Could that be an issue? I haven't eaten out in a looong time, I am trying to eat healthier and less. What other recommendations do you guys have for me? I want to lose 30-40 lbs in a healthy manner. I want to be more sexy! :)
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Feb 17, 2008, 09:29 PM
    You don't think your fat but you want to lose 30-40 pounds? That's a lot of weight.

Either way, muscle weighs more than fat, remember? So you may be gaining some muscle. And you'll start noticing some weight loss soon.

About how many calories a day are you consuming? And are you eating lots of salt?
    Curious0-1 Posts: 38, Reputation: 3

Feb 17, 2008, 09:41 PM
    LoL That's a good point. I don't really think I'm fat, sometimes. I don't know how to explain it! I do feel pretty, but there are times that I just can't stand how overweight I am. I am well proportioned, but I just don't feel fully sexy! Is that weird? Does that make any sense? About the calories, I don't keep track. What i do: I NEVER eat breakfast! I wake up at 6:30, get dressed and go to class. After that, at 9, I go to work! I eat lunch at about 11 or 12. What do I usually have for lunch? SOmetimes Tunafish sandwhiches, but I eat with wheat bread, about 3 slices. I can eat a whole can too, is that too much? I do use mayonaise, and to drink, i drink juice. Or sometimes I'll eat one lean pocket, or a lean cuisine. Or sometimes just a ham and cheese sandwhich. I go back to work. I get off at 5:30 and right away i go to the gym. I have no other choice but to go after work because of time. Right after working out, I eat my dinner. Which can vary. Spagetti, chicken fajitas, umm sometimes homemade hamburgers with no fries! Just the hamburger with bread. Everyday I drink SOO Much water. i have a big waterbottle, and I drink about 3 a day. I do snack junk food after dinner, like granola bars, or choc chip cookies. Obviously thats not helping....Wow writing this out really helps! hehe... :( I don't feel like I eat a whole lot, but maybe you guys have a different opinion. Be honest!! EVEN MEAN!! HAHHA Thanks for your response mama! I hope others can help me as well.
    Vision Expert

Feb 17, 2008, 09:47 PM
    Okay, I'm going to make a list of your mistakes as far as dieting.
    1. NEVER EVER skip breakfast, that's where you get your energy for the day. Eat some granola and an apple at least. I have an apple or banana every morning on my drive to work.

2. Mayo is bad, very very fatty. Veganaise is good though. Also, what sort of juice. And I cute bread out of my diet completely.

3. beef has TONS of fat in it, and pasta is fattening.

4. Granola bars are good, cookies are BAD BAD BAD.

Drinks lots and lots and lots and lots of water. Stay away from sugar and salt as much as possible.

The thing that helped me was purchasing two diet cookbooks. One is an atkins diet book, the other low calorie stuff. If you like Applebee's feel free to eat out, they have a whole weight watchers menu with calorie specifics. I love eating there. And one last thing, count those calories. ANd you should be doing at least an hour of Cardio a day.
    eruditemargaret9 Posts: 32, Reputation: 3

Feb 18, 2008, 10:17 PM
    I disagree that meat is BAD. NO--beef if lean and in moderation is good for you in terms of protein. I agree that breakfast is IMPERATIVE. But when you explained what you eat--not once did you mention VEGGIES! If you wonder why you are "fat" according to your standards--ask yourself how many servings of vegetable s you had that day, that week and there is your answer.
    Vision Expert

Feb 18, 2008, 10:19 PM
    I didn't say that meat is bad, I said that beef is... even so-called lean beef is very fatty. I have cut it out of my diet completely.
    BeAMole Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2008, 10:43 AM
    I can help. Eat Breakfast not only does it give you energy it starts your metabolism. There were several studies done, and a meal eaten about 1 hour from the time of waking up signals your brain to crank your muscle power up. Muscles burn approx. 60 calories an hour when at rest. The study showed that people who ate breakfast upped their muscle calorie burning rate 10-15%.

EAT BREAKFAST. You will lose weright. I di nutriSystem. I ate breakfast and lost 45 pounds and still losing. Also, counting calories does help. Nutrisystem works because it keeps your calorie intake between 1200-1500. Although, this is not a lot it works!

Good luckl and keep up the good work!

BeAMole

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My ex still keeps our sexy photos, what to do? [ 22 Answers ]

Hi guys, Me and my boyfriend broke up about 6 months ago after 3 years dating. My problem is: he still keeps our sexy photos (when we were together, we took some kind of naughty ones). Now I have no contact with him since I don't want to. But I'm afraid that odds MIGHT happen someday even though...

HOW to be sexy [ 2 Answers ]

OK.. so I know I am an attractive person, and I can be sexy... But.. I don't know HOW to be sexy. I don't feel pretty in lingerie, I feel like it's a joke. It just comes right off anyway! How do I turn my man on and feel sexy doing so? Do guys really like lingerie? I want to surprise my man,...

Sexy Corset [ 1 Answers ]

Hey Proms around the corner and I need to find a store that sells victorian corsets, I don't have time to buy one online... any ideas?? Anyone know a store that sells them

View more questions Search