Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DioneD Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2008, 01:55 PM
    Chemistry: Mol conversions
    I am a chemistry student and having trouble comprehending mols. One of my homework/study questions is as follows:

"How many zinc ions are present in 30.5g of Zn2 P2 O7 ?"

I have tried to work out the answer and cannot figure out how do to do it.

Thanks!
    PolluxCastor Posts: 117, Reputation: 5

Feb 9, 2008, 04:39 PM
    Avogadro constant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Mole (unit) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Avogadro's Number is the number of molecules in a mole. One mole of a compound has a mass of <amu> grams. (eg. 1 mole of carbon-12 has a mass of 12 grams)

What you need to do is determine the mass of the specified molecule. Then determine how many moles that is. Next step is to determine the number of Zn ions in that. (be careful of the possible "gotta" in the molecular formula)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Newton Conversions [ 5 Answers ]

How do you convert kilograms into newtons? The problem is ; " Calculate the weight of a 5-kg box in a newtons. Remember the force of gravitiy on the earth is 9.8 m/s squared." ALL I REALLY NEED TO KNOW IS HOW TO, IM NOT BEGGING FOR ANSWERS.

Grams to moles conversions [ 3 Answers ]

Convert 8.50 grams Hg(NO3)2 to moles

Kitchen Conversions [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I was wondering... How many litres is 2/3 of a cup? (Soda) How many grams is 2 cups? (shredded cheese) Thanks

Chemistry:Moles and conversions [ 1 Answers ]

how many moles are in 5.6 x 10^26 molecules of trisulfer pentachloride? how many moles are in 56 g of aluminum chromate? how many grams are in 6.9 miles of hydrogen gas? how many grams are in 2.4 x 10^21 atoms of neon? how many liters are in 5.6 moles of bromine?

View more questions Search