Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    doogie1221 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2007, 02:43 PM
    Newton Conversions
    How do you convert kilograms into newtons?

The problem is ; " Calculate the weight of a 5-kg box in a newtons. Remember the force of gravitiy on the earth is 9.8 m/s squared."

ALL I REALLY NEED TO KNOW IS HOW TO, IM NOT BEGGING FOR ANSWERS.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Nov 8, 2007, 10:25 AM
    The weight of an object is measured in newtons (which is a unit of force). Its mass is measured in Kilograms. To determine the weight of an object, multiply its mass by the acceleration of gravity, abbreviated as g and measured in meters per second squared. Hence:

Weight (in Nt) = mass (Kg) x g (m/s^2)

The question as posed uses the word "force" improperly - where it says "the force of gravitiy on the earth is 9.8 m/s squared" it really should say "the acceleration due to gravity is 9.8 m/s squared." I suspect that the teacher's sloppiness here just adds to the students' confusion.
    Alexis_Gurl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2007, 11:34 AM
    I haven't a clue!!
    Dezhane1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2009, 08:23 PM

How to convert Newton's to Kilograms.
    Dezhane1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2009, 08:24 PM

How to convert Newton's to Kilograms ?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Mar 12, 2009, 05:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezhane1 View Post
    How to convert Newton's to Kilograms ?
    As described in the earlier postings - if you know an object's weight on earth in Newtons, divide by 9.8 m/s^2 to find out what its mass is. However, if you're on another planet whose acceleration due to gravity is something other than 9.8 m/s^2, you would have to divide the object's weight in Newtons as measured on that plant by whatever the acceleration due to gravity is for that planet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Newton to MT [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know about conversion Newton to Metric tonnes Best regards

Newton laws [ 1 Answers ]

A diver with weight of 833 N dives from a boat with a mass of 375 kg. If he leaves the boat with a velocity of 2.25 m/s (W) after accelerating for 0.5 s. What will be the final velocity of the boat.

Chemistry:Moles and conversions [ 1 Answers ]

how many moles are in 5.6 x 10^26 molecules of trisulfer pentachloride? how many moles are in 56 g of aluminum chromate? how many grams are in 6.9 miles of hydrogen gas? how many grams are in 2.4 x 10^21 atoms of neon? how many liters are in 5.6 moles of bromine?

File format conversions [ 1 Answers ]

Can u suggest me a softare for file format conversions Like JPEG to BMP, XML to PDF ,PDF to any other file format From one format to another.

Access 2000 to 2003 conversions [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knew if you convert Acess 2000 to Access 2003 that it will corrupt or change files at all. I have not found anything signifying that it does anywhere else, but a little reassurance would be nice. Thank you, Jared

View more questions Search