Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hollylovesbrandon Posts: 633, Reputation: 78

Feb 7, 2008, 12:13 PM
    Cat that fights and coat is changing colors
    My cat is going to be 13 in April. She is solid black and has always been in good health. Lately, she has been coming back with mysterious limps and scars and cuts so I know that she has been fighting more lately. What could be the cause of this? Old age maybe? And also, I said she was solid black, well now, her coat is turning a brownish color. Should I be worried?
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2008, 08:29 PM
    The cuts, etc. are probably from fighting. She's meeting younger cats that can take her on, most likely. You may want to consider limiting her outside time to a secure area (look up cat fencing on line for some ideas), or else be prepared for the vet bills.

As to her coat... is it turning brown, or reddish? Black coats will "rust" when exposed to heat and light. This is harmless, and the bane of show cats.

Feb 7, 2008, 09:29 PM
    Thank you very much. I was worried if she was like, getting jhondis or something. Lol
    xphelper Posts: 220, Reputation: 29

Feb 21, 2008, 11:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hollylovesbrandon
    My cat is going to be 13 in April. She is solid black and has always been in good health. Lately, she has been coming back with mysterious limps and scars and cuts so i know that she has been fighting more lately. What could be the cause of this? old age maybe? and also, i said she was solid black, well now, her coat is turning a brownish color. Should i be worried?
    Just as your hair color changes with age, so does you cat's. As far as her coming home with more lumps and bruises, she just can't fight off those Tom cats like she did before.

Feb 21, 2008, 12:29 PM
    Yeah, I just worry!
    pompano Posts: 293, Reputation: 40

Feb 21, 2008, 06:06 PM
    You may want to take your cat to the vet for a check up,because cats can get feline leukemia from stray cats when they are bitten.Cat bites are very serious,and infection can build up in pockets and make you cat run fever and becme lethargic.I have been bit several times at work by cats,and it is very painful and takes time and antibiotics to get through the infection.Hopefully all will be o.k.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Custody fights [ 3 Answers ]

In Texas, can my husband who is a lot older than I get custody of our 8 year old, he is planning on retiring soon so he will look like he can spend more time with her, does this matter, I would like for her to live with me and he can see her whenever she wants.

Dog Fights [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Boxer mix that probably has some Pit Bull in it. He was a stray and I adopted him around 2 months ago and he is probably around 2 years old. He has met children 2-6 years old and we have a cat in the house and he has shown no aggression. He is nervous around men at first when they enter...

Monitor has been changing to different colors [ 1 Answers ]

:mad: My monitor has been changing to different colors. Can any one suggest what I can do? Advance appreciations.

Kitten fights [ 2 Answers ]

We have a 4 and a half month old female kitten and last week brought home an 8 week old male kitten for a playmate. At first the older kitten was hissing and very upset but that stopped after the first couple of days. When we leave them together now they begin to 'play fight' but if left for more...

View more questions Search