Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amboyjim Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2008, 01:24 PM
    Trunk won't stay up.
    I have a '93 Honda Accord. The trunk won't stay up with out using a support. It looks like it has two torsion bars but I am not sure how to replace or even if they are the issue. Help?
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jan 17, 2008, 06:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by amboyjim
    I have a '93 Honda Accord. The trunk won't stay up with out using a support. It looks like it has two torsion bars but I am not sure how to replace or even if they are the issue. Help?
    Torsion bars?
    Don't the supports look more like long skinny shocks rather than torsion bars?
    Support struts are common on that trunk lid.
    They are an issue if they don't hold. And they can be replaced, for a price. Those aren't inexpensive parts.
    Shop around for the best price for replacements. Take a gook look at the ends of the old units and match then up with the new units. If they match, let us know and replacement instructions will follow.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weight Loss in the trunk [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: I am one of the many people asking how do I loose some of my butt. Are there any excercises? Thanks for your help!

Broken Shower Drain Line at Trunk [ 3 Answers ]

I had a water leak in the master bath. It required removing the toilet and shower/bath combo and replacing the floor. Two questions: I broke the shower drain line at the trunk connection. The 4" four way receiver is broken. Can this be reconnected and epoxy or glued back together, as this...

2003 Accord Trunk Light [ 1 Answers ]

I haven't had any problem with the radio lighting but my trunk light went out, I replaced the tiny bulb, and it still doesn't work. I tried reviewing the manual to determine where the fuse my be but the manual covers the fuses for every light BUT the trunk light. Does anyone know which fuse number...

View more questions Search