Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coolbrezzeb Posts: 74, Reputation: 1
    -

Jan 13, 2008, 12:35 PM
    Lossing Connectivity
    I have two computers the first computer is hook straight to the modem then there is my computer which is hooked up through a 4 port wirless belkin router and it drops my connection constantly.Now it is a cheap router.but the two computer is located from room two roomnext to each other.Do some routers drop connection and DO YOU HAVE TO GET A BETTER MORE PRICEY ROUTER TO NOW LOSE CONNECTIONS AND ONE THAT Don't HAVE DEAD SPOTS? Also I think its something wrong with the two computers setting because both computers does not get online at the same time its either one or theother why is that?Wouldi better off just getting another cable modem?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jan 13, 2008, 12:37 PM
    If you first Computer is hooked up to modem, where are you plugging router into?
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2008, 08:16 PM
    Hope this helps you get your wireless connection working

No connectivity to wireless router from laptop. - Google Search

I have wireless 54Mbps ---- Wired connection 100Mbps ---- Which is faster?
    bestpaul Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2008, 11:08 AM
    A good way to test speed is to download something and see what the download speed is with either connection. I have a wired and wireless connection. Wired is 100mbps and the wireless is 56mbps, BOTH download at about 180 mbps. Go figure! I am a computer geek. I am HAPPY for the speed.
    Paul
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jan 19, 2008, 05:50 PM
    Speakeasy - Speakeasy, Inc. - Broadband, Voice and Data Services
    Is a good speed test up and down load speeds. Free, and no BULL
    DaBaAd Posts: 271, Reputation: 36

Jan 21, 2008, 12:27 PM
    Why would you want to get another cable modem? I believe that you just need to plug in both computers to the same router.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My hamster is lossing weight [ 4 Answers ]

My hamster is a winter white and she is about 4months old and she is unusually hyperactive and doesn't seem to be eating any food she has lost a lot of weight and she stores her food under the saw dust in her cage. Can you tell me why she is doing this. Do I need to take her to the vets.

Lossing weight [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all , I'm 16 weeks pregnant. Today I went for a monthly check up to my Gyn ,everything was fine but I lost 1 lb. instead of gaining weight.. I'm very much tensed as to what to eat and what not to and how I can I increase my weight . I 'm a non-veggie but only eat chicken and fish(that to...

I am on a Protein Diet, but not lossing much weight [ 3 Answers ]

I am 6ft 4in and weigh 130Kgs,(lost 5kgs in 1month) I have been on the Protein Diet (Yes, where you do not have any carbohydrates in your diet) but only been eating protein and vegetables. However I am not losing much weight. What I have discovered is that maybe I am eating carbs in meals that...

Connectivity [ 3 Answers ]

I was uploading quite a bit of material (novel) yesterday and about half way through uploading the chapters, it stopped uploading them and flashed a note that I needed to chick my connectivity. I use a Gateway computer and AOL software. Can you explain to me how I go about checking for...

View more questions Search