Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    padengo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2007, 01:00 PM
    I am on a Protein Diet, but not lossing much weight
    I am 6ft 4in and weigh 130Kgs,(lost 5kgs in 1month) I have been on the Protein Diet (Yes, where you do not have any carbohydrates in your diet) but only been eating protein and vegetables. However I am not losing much weight.

What I have discovered is that maybe I am eating carbs in meals that am not sure about. So please confirm if the following items have carbohydrates:

1. Do morning cereals have carbohydrates?
    2. Do fruits like Pineapples, Bananas, Apples, Dates have carbs? If so which fruits should I have that don't have carbs?
    3. What is a good protein diet meal for breakfast?
    4. Do yogurts have carbs?
    5. Do Pumpkins have carbs?

Kindly advise so I can plan a good recipe for my breakfast, as I have figured out what to have in other meals.

Thanks

Patrick
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2007, 01:20 PM
    I heard Bob on the Biggest Loser last night describe protein as "anything that had a momma." I choked on my diet coke.

Cereal (unless it says it is low carb) is full of carbs. Carbohydrates turn into sugar. Most fruits are full of sugar. If you can find an Atkins diet/manual. It has the carbs of most foods listed in it. I also have a book called the "FAT BOOK." It has everything from grocery store, processed foods, restaurants and individual meats, fruits, vegetables and dairy broken down by calorie, fat, carb, cholesterol, etc. I got it at a used book store for a dollar. There are also food counters on the internet.

I just looked up Yogurt and for 80ozs of plain yogurt there are 130 calories, 11 gms of protein and 15 grams of carbs.

This is a helpful website, too.
    Free Calorie Counter - Food Calories & Nutrition Calculator
    padengo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2007, 01:54 PM
    Thanks Emland,

I will reduce on my yogurt for breakfast and stick to Eggs, bacon and Oats and pineaple for breakfast.

My lunches are salad and tuna (alternate with chicken, fish or pork) and dinner is usually mushroom soup. I have gone off rice, bread, and pastas hence why I lost 5kgs in one month. However the pace has dropped now so have to reduce more carbs.

Thanks again.

Patrick
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2007, 03:48 PM
    Both my sister and husband have had success with a protein diet. The only thing is you have to live like that forever. As soon as you go back to regular food, the weight comes back. Another thing, I have heard it can cause long term health problems if you go overboard.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can Diet Coke/Diet Pepsi ruined your diet? [ 17 Answers ]

Hello, Iam Writing To You Because Iam One Of Those People That Have Been Trying To Lose Some Pounds.. I Have Been Cutting Off The Sweets, Fatting And Anything Else That Gains Weight.. I Also Have Been Doing Exercise.. my Only Question Is If Diet Coke Gains Weight Even Though If Its Diet?. My...

Are weight loss diet pills safe? [ 29 Answers ]

I am suffering from overweight condition,I usually visited a lot of sites. I just wanted to know about dieat pills. Are they really effective and safe? Suggestion regarding this is greatly appreciated.

Protein haemoglobin and protein collagen [ 5 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me anything about protein haemoglobin and portein collagen or were I can find any information on the two

Protein powders [ 2 Answers ]

I have just started working at my local sports center and discovered that I now get the gym free, so I've decided I'm going to start using it. I was talking to my cousin and he was telling me the ins and outs and stuff like that, then he got on to protein powders he just said they would help that's...

Too much protein? [ 9 Answers ]

I have been told that because I am weight lifting, I should get at least 1 gram of protein/day so that I can get gains. How much protein should I consume each day if I am 15; 130 lbs; and 20 on the bmi chart?

View more questions Search