Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweebs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2007, 10:36 AM
    NEW Harbor Breeze fan only operates in high speed
    Hello, I recently installed a new Harbor Breeze ceiling fan with light kit, remote and no pull chains. I have installed numerous ceiling fans before without any previous problems. This fan in question operated A-OK for the first day or two. Now, the fan only operates in high speed, no matter whether I press LO, MED, or HIGH on the remote, it just runs at high speed. The lights (flourescent) also seem to sort of blink - not on and off, but from normal brightness to slightly dimmer than normal, and back. Again, the fan is brand new, only ran for one or two days normally, and now this? Any suggestions. I mean, I could take it back, but I don't feel like having to take more time out of my life to remove the existing fan, take it back to the store and install another fan! And besides, I don't know if the store will "buy" the fact that I did indeed purchase the fan back in June 2007, but it wasn't installed until December. Thanks.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Dec 25, 2007, 10:11 PM
    It definitely sounds like a defective receiver. If you don't want to take the fan down, you can attempt to contact the manufacturer for replacement parts, but in that case you'll probably need to take it down anyway, so I say return it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan at high speed seems slow [ 7 Answers ]

I purchased an outdoor Harbor Breeze ceiling fan Baja model with the wide fan blades and used an outdoor rated extension cord (16 gauge and about 20ft long) to rig the electrical since I have no power source where it is hanging outdoor. I also used a Hunter remote. I think I connected everything...

Harbor breeze fans [ 1 Answers ]

It came with a remote. I purchased a spare remote, and a wall unit. The thing is, even though the dip switches are ALL set EXACTLY the same, I can never get more than ONE of the controls to work! If I install the transmitter from the original remote, that one works, if I install the...

Harbor Breeze- one speed- high [ 1 Answers ]

I installed a remote controlled Harbor Breeze Triton fan last weekend. Fan worked great for a week, now suddenly the remote won't control the speed. You can push any of the three speed buttons on the remote but fan only runs at fast speed. When you press a different speed button you can hear the...

High-speed Cable/low Speed Operation [ 1 Answers ]

I had Time Warner Cable(TWC) Road Runner service(high-speed cable) installed recently on my Panasonic CF-47 Laptop. It turns out that it operates two times SLOWER than Dial-Up!! I have a W98 O/S. The High-speed cable into the computer measures normal(as measured by a super-tech with TWC). After he...

Harbor Breeze fan only has high speed [ 2 Answers ]

I have recenlty installed a new Harbor Breeze fan in the bedroom of our new house. After I installed it, everything worked as it should. I had three speeds when using the pull chain and the light switched on and off with the other. One day I had it on the lowest setting and I came back into the...

View more questions Search