Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    weenacrane Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2007, 10:55 AM
    Bad highlights
    I recently got some lighter highlights in my hair that I'm not happy with. They came out chunky instead of small and spread out like I prefer. I want to ditch them and a friend said I could use a non permanent darker dye over them for now without hurting my hair too bad. Is this true?
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Dec 21, 2007, 04:44 PM
    Yes, you can use a semi-permanent hair color to cover the highlights. Semi-permanent color is formulated to last through several shampoos, depending on the hair's porosity. If you want the color to last, use a permanent hair. Whatever hair color you use, do a deep conditioning treatment at least once a week to make your hair healthy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Which highlights? [ 4 Answers ]

OK its me ally... again so the hair dying thng didn't work to well so now I'm only allowed to get hair cut and highlighted My hair is dirtyblonde and I want highlights but I don't know what color I don't really want blonde or brown or golden I want wild like blue green red yellow like those...

Mahogany highlights [ 1 Answers ]

Hello help desk I have recently changed my colour with a semi-permanent dye when I first did it it came out a really dark brown almost black I have managed to lighten the colour to a nice brown. However this colour doesn't have any highlights, I was wondering if I could put a temporary...

Highlights, lowlights? [ 1 Answers ]

Ok so here's the deal. My hair is a dark blonde, but I want to get it to a bright blonde, but not a fake looking blonde, like bleach blonde. I want it to have like really blonde highlights and a light shade of brown underneath. Does anyone have any ideas about what shades I should get to reach my...

Highlights [ 2 Answers ]

:( I Want To Know How Can I Get Really Blond Highlights(white) Every Time I Do Highlights They Are More Yellow Blond Than Whitewithout Damaging The Hair As Much? What Tonner Should I Use.

View more questions Search