Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bekah876 Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Dec 6, 2007, 09:37 AM
    If this worries you I would call the doctor and ask them why they need to see you. It could be a number of things or it could be nothing at all. Are you sure it has to do with the ultrasound and not the blood work? If it has to do with the ultrasound I would think that they would have caught or seen something at the time to ultrasound was taken and not 2 weeks later. If it is because of the blood work that would make more sense. Maybe your progesterone isn't at the level it should be. I am not sure what it could be. I would suggest calling your doctor and expressing your concern. You have a right to know.
    mustang0529 Posts: 252, Reputation: -1

Dec 6, 2007, 10:29 AM
    The thing is there not aloud to give any info about it all they told me it was about was the ultrasound!! I'm going in tomorrow to go c the doctor!! I hope there's nothing wrong!

Dec 6, 2007, 10:35 AM
    Thank you all so very much!!
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Dec 6, 2007, 12:10 PM
    It could be something as simple as staffing issues.

I work in a doctors office... sometimes the doctor or nurse has to leave early or has the day off and we'll call our patients to try and get them in sooner. With the holidays coming, they probably have a lot of people on vacation and they just want to get you in sooner rather than make you wait.

Try to relax, the stress won't help. ;)
    leti1980 Posts: 150, Reputation: 6

Dec 6, 2007, 12:23 PM
    Are you sure they just wanted to change the date of your appointment because they could not get you in on the original date? Or did they say we need to talk about your scan?
    I would have thought they would have talked when you had the scan if there was a problem.

Dec 6, 2007, 02:56 PM
    Well when I went for the scan it wasn't with my family doctor the results were faxed over to him!! Well I was suppose to c him on the 15th but they said no no we need to c u earlier
    !!
    leti1980 Posts: 150, Reputation: 6

Dec 6, 2007, 03:01 PM
    Try not to worry yourself too much I would have thought if there was something serious wrong like miscarage they would have to tell you there. Are you from the uk

Dec 6, 2007, 03:05 PM
    Maybe it might be that they had to rescedule but why wouldn't they just tell me that instead of scaring me!! Well I find out tomorrow I just pray that the baby comes back healthy that's all I care about!! The thing is a couple weeks ago I was bleeding and cramping and it went away but I'm thinking if it were to have been a miscarriage they would have found it because around that time I was having blood work done!! I just wish they would have been more specific so that I wouldn't be so worried all the time but now that I think about I should be fine I'm having all the symptoms there all normal morning sickness breast tenderness... tired all the time! Peeing frequently!! And so on!! I just need some people who have been in the same boat as me!! If this has happened to anyone please try to help me out a bit more... like if anyone had a call from there doctor to come in earlier then there actual appointment!! If anyone has been threw the same please help me out some more!! I would greatly apriciate it!!

Dec 6, 2007, 03:07 PM
    No I'm from canada ontario!!

Dec 7, 2007, 11:31 AM
    Has anyone been threw this?
    I had went to the doctor today and he told me about the ultrasound... he was saying that there was no fetal pull!! He said that could be a problem or it could be that I am earlier then I expected!! I took blood work today to c if my hormonal levels went up I'm calling him tomoorw to c if it went up and then I'm going for another blood work on Monday and another ultrasound next Thursday has anyone had this problem that there were no fetal pull because it was to early!! I want to no if there is a chance for this baby surving or not if you have been threw the same please help me out and give some helpful advise!! Could it be that I am just really early?? :( :( :confused:
    connie-mom Posts: 56, Reputation: 9

Dec 7, 2007, 11:40 AM
    Ok First breath!! I had the same problem with the child I carry now and I am 4 1/2 months sometimes it just means your to earlie, did they do an internal ultrasound or just a normal ultrasound it will make a difference I had an internal at 6 weeks and found out baby was good and I didn't need to worry and if thd oc didn't say anything is wrong with babe then don't worry... if you worry too much it could cause more problems then you need sit relax have a tea put your feet up read a book time will fly if you just put the fear on the back burner and think about something else.. I hope this helps my thought are with yha.

Dec 7, 2007, 11:42 AM
    I think it may be that it is early that's what there saying so you didn't have a fetal pull how far along were you when they told you that??

Dec 7, 2007, 11:43 AM
    I had an internal ultrasound

Dec 7, 2007, 11:52 AM
    I was 6 weeks I am now 4 1/2 months baby is doing well sometimes they just don't see it,I know it is hard but try to relax put your feet up and have a chill out time I know I went crazy thinking I lost my baby... but usually it don't show until your 5-6.5 weeks I was just 6 weeks when I had my internal done and they just didn't see it I would bet that you are just really earlie I knew I was pregnant 3 days after conceving I thought I was like 8-9weeks so they did an ultrasound and found nothing but my hormones were saying OK she pregnant so they kept doing them till they finnaly saw her at 6 weeks ( I found out it's a girl on my last ultrasound) anyway if the doc didn't say anything is wrong their probably isnot anything to worry about sorry about my typing my soon to be 2 year old is on my lap hard to type.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 7, 2007, 12:12 PM
    I think you mean fetal POLE. LOL, I had that mistaken until this semester.

Hun, can you remind me how far along you are?

Dec 7, 2007, 12:14 PM
    Its OK thank you very much they told me that when I went for the ultrasound the baby would be 4 weeks and that was last Thursday that I went!! So by the time I do my next ultrasound I will be about 6 weeks!! So I think everything works out!! It realli helps me out noing that people went threw the same thing and there baby is healthy thank you very much I really really needed it!!

Dec 7, 2007, 12:15 PM
    Fetal pole or pulse are both better detected at 5-6.5 weeks I figured she meant pole but she don't know how far along she is she said that in her first post.

Dec 7, 2007, 12:16 PM
    Lol sorry I'm just sort of stressed not really worried about how I'm spelling things.. lol

Dec 7, 2007, 12:16 PM
    Spelling***

Dec 7, 2007, 12:18 PM
    Well they told me today that when I went to the ultrasound last Thursday I was 4 weeks so I would be 5 weeks!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Am I pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

My fiancée and I have a lot of unprotected sex - stupid I know, but there you have it. We usually use the "pull out" method although when it is close to my period, he goes inside me (also very stupid, I know) I always have very very regular periods - I mean they ALWAYS start on the same day every...

I think I maybe pregnant [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm new here I am like 8 dys late could I be pregnant my period has been late but never this late in my life help

Am I pregnant [ 17 Answers ]

I was on and off birth control last month and the beginning of Aug. I didn't have sex with my boyfriend but he did put the tip in quit a few times. He didn't finish, but I have heard of people getting pregnant. Off precum. So I'm a little scared cause my breast are really tender and I think it was...

Could I be pregnant? [ 7 Answers ]

Me and my husband have been trying to become pregnant for the past 4 months. This month I was expecting my period either yesturday(aug. 3) or today. But on the first of this month I had some pink blood, very small amount. And yesturday I had a small red dab of blood on my leg after showering. Then...

Could I be pregnant? [ 15 Answers ]

Hi. I am new to this site. Okay, trying to conceive as of Oct. 17, 2005. Went off the pill. First month had period 27 days, then got it again 20 days later, then got it again 26 days later, now it is January, and I was due the either 26 or 27 days. Nothing. So today is the 28th day, and I had some...

View more questions Search