Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gustavv Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2007, 12:22 PM
    How to loose stomach fat?
    Hey, this is first time I ask a question on this site, so hi! :).
    Well lets get straight to it! I feel a bit fat. I might not be, because I'm 14 year old boy and weight 52.5 kg (use another measurement in USA? from Europe) and I'm 173 cm high. Well, I've thought that I might have anorexia. But I'm not trying to quit eating, I'm just trying to get the damned fat off my stomach, and. I know anorexia prehaps make you feel fat. But it doesn't change how you see. And when I look at myself, and compare to a friend I can see that I look more fat. I've tried to loose weight for a long time, I've quit eating all kinds of candy. But no matter what I just keep having a stomach that's not flat.
    How do I loose weight on my stomach most efficiently? and should I change diet even more? Like stop eating white bread for example? Im not looking to get more underweight (my bones is built small I've been told, so I'm not really underweight) I just want to have a flat stomach.
    I've heard that the way to do it is to train all of your body, and that running should be best. Because it stimulates all muscles, is that true? :). How much should I train pr day or pr week?
    Ohh and also, I've heard that if you don't eat ANY sugar, your body will start using the fat instead as fuel. Can that be used in any way to loose weight? :).

Thank you! :)
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Nov 19, 2007, 12:27 PM
    Sit-ups... Situps are the best thing for getting a flat stomach... I wouldn't change your diet too much, if at all. You are still a growing boy and you need the nutrients. Just do tons of sit-ups! And don't compare yourself to others, people that give advice on this site will tell you the same. Comparing your body to other people's is the worst thing you can do.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 19, 2007, 08:35 PM
    Yes do sit ups and exercise to stimulate the muscle. Give up the sugar, eat right and follow the other two replies.
    thereisno4evr Posts: 63, Reputation: 0

Nov 19, 2007, 09:53 PM
    Firstly I just have to say that doing a HUGE amount of sit ups does not necersaraly build a nice stomach. Most of us have a layer of fat in the mid section of our stomach and to get nice abs you need to get rid of that. Here is how I did this:
    First you need to determine how many calories to intake each day. Do this by taking your body wieght and times it by 14. So u weigh 115.74 pounds(52.5 kg) multiply that by 14 and you get 1620.36 pounds. So each day you should be intaking aprox 1600 calories. Plan out your meals before hand, so you can avoid disapointment. However on this meal plan you should NOT be losing anymore than 1 pound(450 grams) PER WEEK!! If you are stop this this program IMEDITALLY.
    Next you want to preform cardio exersizes 3-4 times per week. Each of these sessions should last for 20-30 minutes.
    Now for the actuall ab exersizes. You should exercise your abs no more than 3 times per week. The abs are just like every other muscle in the body they need time to heal. You want to choose exersizes that fully stimulate the abs. Sit ups, abdominal crunch's, Hanging leg raises, Incline sit ups and Roman chair sit ups are some good examples. Remember that its not the quantity of reps you do but the quality.
    It is often over looked but the back muscles actually support your stomach muscles. So remember to work your back 2-3 times a week.
    Good luck mate
    Gustavv Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2007, 08:00 AM
    Thank you for the answers!
    The "plan what you eat" stuff was really helpful! :). Going to take that in mind.
    Thanks again!
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2007, 08:42 PM
    First is your diet, eat lean meat 3 oz. of turkey, chicken breast, steak, fish,--- almonds and nuts, beans, legumes, lentils, green veggies, lowfat dairy, instant oatmeal, eggs, peanut butter, 2 tbsp, olive oil, whole grain, pasta, rice, cereals, bread, whey protein, berries.
    6 meals a day and 3 snacks of the above.
    Exercise is very important, at least 30 minutes a day
    The best crunches are:

Lie on a couch or a bench that allows your back to hang off freely, Place your calves on the top of the couch with your knees at a 90 degree angle, plave your hands behind your head and shoulders toward your knees-keep rounded back and 2-4 inch travel
    Raise pelvis and round your body as you curl your torso up to youir knee, Hold 2-3 seconds, 15-25 reps. You need to exercise more and reduce caloric intake by 500 calories.
    Herblay Posts: 9, Reputation: 4

Dec 4, 2007, 01:38 PM
    You can't lose weight from your stomach specifically, as you can't target which area of your body that fat will come off from. Excercising your abdomen will only strenthen your belly muscles and possibly cause an increase in size. This might be helpful if you are looking for that "six pack", but the only thing that will get you there is fat loss.

As I said, you cannot target fat loss. You can only reduce overall body fat. Where you wear your weight is determined entirely by genetics. Talk to your doctor about a diet and exercise regimen, lose weight slowly, and you can gain your perfect body.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2007, 06:52 PM
    Herblay, I agree that you can't spot reduce one specific area, but if your watch the amounts and types of foods you eat along with the proper dosage of exercise you will reduce body fat, in time.. no matter how your genetics are, genetics does play a "part" in fat distribution, along with other factors, but only plays a role in how hard or easy it will be for you to achieve body fat loss. I know that 90% of the people I've seen, achieve degrees of body fat loss through exercise and proper nutrition. If it was just black and white in the genetics idea, then I for example, should be short and very chubby, ( I'm tall and slim) my parents were, short and overweight, and my children should all be tall and skinny, me and my ex husbad were. But it happened in quite the opposite way. I have two short girls who always have to diet and two very tall boys that eat everything in sight. But any form of exercising, whether it's doing crunches or just walking, is boosting your metabolism and helping you achieve your goal.
    Herblay Posts: 9, Reputation: 4

Dec 4, 2007, 09:40 PM
    Yes, I said that you could lose body fat and lose the belly.

My only concern is that some people think that they can lose the belly doing crunches. People can get obsessive, and I've seen people doing several thousand crunches a day. Without the weight loss, it can actually make their bellies BIGGER.

And crunches don't burn that many calories in general. Far more effective would be diet (less calories ingested than burned) and cardiovascular exercise.
    skittlefrittle Posts: 29, Reputation: 5

May 24, 2008, 08:14 PM
    When you sit down, sit on the edge of your seat, strech your legs in front of you, and lean back but don't lean on the back of the seat, just above it to the point where your abs are contracted. Hold as long as possible and then break then go again. Great way to engage them when you are sitting! Also dancing helped, and when I'm not out I wear high rise everything, shorts, pants, etc that way I don't get the famous low rise line where you get flab and then flatness under it because of your jean waistband. It worked for me, took about a year though. And SIT UPS do tons of them especially the bicycle. That thing works wonders. And make sure when you do them you feel the burn. If you are just doing them like an old door hinge it isn't really doing a thing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stomach Fat [ 1 Answers ]

I work out almost everyday cardio for at least 30 min 15 jogging 15 fast paced walking and i do situps almost everyday but i still can't manage to get rid of my stomach, which isnt thattttttt big but i want it to be flat by December do you know any certain exercises to help me?

How to reduce stomach fat after pregnancs [ 4 Answers ]

I have tryout every thing but I can not reduce my fat, I have one kid, and I'm just 18 how can I take it off?

How to loose in the stomach [ 5 Answers ]

I am 26 years old and have tried to loose weight for years. I made up my mind 6 weeks ago, and have stuck with it. At the start I weighed 380 lbs. So far I have lost 24 lbs in 6 weeks. The problem is, I am losing below the waist. I haven't lost one pound in the stomach. I am riding an exercise bike...

Reduce the fat in my stomach [ 3 Answers ]

Hi,, how to reduce the fat in my stomach,, I'm 48 kilos but my stomach still fatty?

View more questions Search