Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rickdawson Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2007, 05:05 PM
    hunter ceiling fan switch
    I just moved into a place with a hunter ceiling fan/light. At first the wall switch seemed to do something (there is no remote and there are no pull chains), although it seemed random to me. Now the wall switch does nothing. And without a remote or pull chain--nothing. Any advice to get that fan going/ Still pretty hot in FL

Thanks!
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Oct 6, 2007, 01:04 PM
    The fan needs a remote. You can order one from Hunter or try a universal remote.

Ceiling fan remote controls - help and FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hunter fan 3 pull switch [ 27 Answers ]

Hello: I have removed the well tec E116997 switch as the chain broke off in the housing. I have Replaced the chain but can't get the right combination of positioning to get the pull sequence. I can buy a 3 pull light switch but don't know if that would be safe.There is a Capacitor in the circuit...

Hunter Fan Switch [ 1 Answers ]

I was just wondering if the light switch on a Hunter fan has to replaced with a Hunter light switch, specifically. The electrical guy at Lowe's in our area says 'no' that a light switch to a fan is 'universal.' The light switches they sold at the store could be used on any brand of fan. Could...

Hunter Ergonimic Ceiling Fan w/ Remote - Wiring to single switch [ 2 Answers ]

We just installed a Hunter Ergonomic Ceiling Fan with a remote. It is powered by a single light switch and our intention was to always have the light switch "on" and use the remote control to turn it off or on. When we turn the light switch on, the light comes on and all fan functions can be...

Hunter ceiling fan switch nightmare [ 10 Answers ]

The chain on my Hunter ceiling fan broke and I bought a replacement. I must have not connected the wires correctly, because I have only 2 speeds. The wire colors are black, brown, grey and purple. I assume that black goes to the L position on the switch. What about the others? Help!! Thanks,...

Hunter fan switch ---won't stop [ 1 Answers ]

Just replaced a hunter 3 way fan switch. Swear I matched up the wires correctly. The light works properly off a second pull chain, and the wall switch cuts power to both fan and light. The fan definitely operates on 3 speeds, BUT... the off position on the pull chain, doesn't stop the fan...

View more questions Search