Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danussery21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2007, 03:48 PM
    Trying to conceive
    It is hard to get pregnant if you have irregular periods? Will you still ovulate when you have your period even though it is irregular?
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2007, 07:57 PM
    If you are having periods, you are ovulating and you can conceive, it just may be trickier to determine when is a good time to try.
    gooner28 Posts: 46, Reputation: 2

Oct 23, 2007, 01:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by danussery21
    It is hard to get pregnant if you have irregular periods? Will you still ovulate when you have your period even though it is irregular?
    Just try to have sex 14 days from start of period. You can keep trying
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Oct 23, 2007, 01:16 PM
    Irregular periods indicate irregular ovulation. Meaning, you ARE ovulating, just not on a specific day every month... but NO woman ovulates at the same time every month.

It's a common myth that you ovulate on day 14 or 15 of your cycle. That is incorrect, since women have cycles anywhere from 19 to 33 days long.

I recommend the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility". It has some excellent information and it will help you know when you're ovulating by your cervical fluid and waking temprature. It will also help you know when is a good time for you to try and what your partner can do to help himself as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Serious! Trying to conceive! [ 11 Answers ]

I have been trying for a baby for 5months now and still no luck. Is 5 months a long time? Or am I being unpatient! It feels like I've been trying a lifetime and really really want to be pregnant!

Trying to conceive [ 1 Answers ]

We got our first 32 days old prgnancy aborted medically through a pill in feb 2007,now I want to conceive ,we are trying during my ovulation period but I am not getting pregnant.my first day of last period was 2 oct 2007 and my menstural cycle is sometimes 29 days or 30 days,can I conceive.what...

I need some advice. We are Trying to conceive and I thought I would be ovulating around the 15-17th of the month and that would be 2 weeks from my last period, and now I have started my period, I have had regular periods in the past so I am not for sure what is going on? Any helpful advice would be...

Hi there I'm new to this so please bare with me. I have been on the pill for about 8 years and stopped taking it in April this year as my husband and I are wanting a baby, we have been trying for the past 5 months and nothing yet, how long does it take for the pill to leave your system before your...

Trying to conceive [ 2 Answers ]

I have been trying to conceive now for a couple months and I tracked my ovulation period and the days I would be most fertile to try and conceive.So we did the deed every day at least 3 times a day and noticed the next day after that I had very light spotting when in the bathroom, I checked a...

View more questions Search