Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NCDad Posts: 65, Reputation: 2

Oct 22, 2007, 01:18 PM
    Any alienated parent's out there?
    Please read my Oct 4 post "Parental Alienation". I am looking for anyone out there who has experienced this and can share with me how you were able to put your life back together and move on. The heartache is killing me...
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2007, 01:26 PM
    It is hard when a parent turns their kids on the other parent. It is not right to the kids at all.
    Hopefully you had enough time with them that they know you aren't the evil one she made you out to be and one day they will see she is the one with the problem.
    All I can think of is every chance you do get to talk to them or be with them let them see you are nothing like she says and reassure them that you love them and would spend more time with them if she would let you. In the meantime keep going to family court for visitations and even, if you can, prove she has mental problems that interfere with her being a good mother. Maybe you could try buying them little presents and include a card telling them that they mean the world to you.
    I wish my ex had wanted to be there for his kids, it kills me to see a mother that turns a caring dad away from his kids.
    NCDad Posts: 65, Reputation: 2

Oct 22, 2007, 01:46 PM
    Thanks for the advice. I am trying to do just that. My two daughters just had birthdays and I sent them cards, a small gift and told them how much I loved them. Unfortunately the kids have made it clear they don't want me in their lives. Because of their age and the conflict that it was causing, I told them I would not force them to see me against their will. I have left it up to them. The crazy thing is that a year ago, I moved into a house in the same neighborhood and they still refuse to have anything to do with me. I thought about moving, but I decided to stay because when they grow up, I want them to look back and realize that I only lived a few hundred yards away from them and they could have seen me if they wanted to. Yet, they were the ones who refused to have anything to do with me. They will never be able to say that I abandoned them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Want to sing but don't know about parent's approval [ 7 Answers ]

I am a 13-year-old girl that is aspiring to become a singer. I don't necessarily want to start a career right now, but there is this company that I had in mind. I was thinking of auditioning for that company because the audition fee is free and if I get in, they will give me free professional...

Deceased parent's car [ 1 Answers ]

My dad passed away shortly after making a down payment of $10,000 and financing$36,000 on a new car. I am in charge of settling his estate. I do not want the car and would like to just drop it off at the bank where he got the loan. Can I simply take the car the bank and leave it with them...

I'm seeing my parent's die before my eyes [ 20 Answers ]

For those you you who know of me, I'm Meg. I'm 21 and for the record I do not have much of a relationship with my parent's. My father was verbally abusive to me from my early teens to my 20's. He never thought I did anything right and I was always a screw up to him. He treated me very badly and...

Parent's Trust After Weed Experience [ 2 Answers ]

Helloo.. I'm wondering how to regain my parents trust.. I smoked weed like in December 06.. and somehow my school found out and told my parents and it's been a mess since then.. I was grounded for around 2 months.. which I found all right.. but I've gone everything possible to regain they're trust...

Adding a name to parent's house [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I would like to know what the procedures are for adding children's names to a deceased parent's home. My father recently passed away and was not able to put anyone's name on the house. There are still siblings living in the house. I know it will go through probate, but how do we go about...

View more questions Search