Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PDieter Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2007, 10:49 AM
    adding pedestal drain
    need to cut in the pedestal sink drain into the 3" drain coming down from second floor. The trap will be just to the left of the pipe pictured. I'm figuring on just a 3x3x1.5 san T and a long 90 coming out of the wall. But it seems like I always get tripped up on the seemingly simple stuff. We are UPC.

Thanks
    Paul
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 22, 2007, 11:07 AM
    I would rather see a 3X3X2" San tee and a 2" stubout. You may not connect directly to a stack vent that has fixtures discharging into it. You do plan on adding a vent on the lav and running it up to revent back in the 3"stack 6" over the floor rim of the highest fixture that drains into it don't you? What's the 2" pipe picking up or venting? If It's a dry vent I suggest coming off that and using that for the lav vent. While this may mean changing the fixture placement it would save a lot of hassle. Good luck, Tom

Oct 22, 2007, 11:14 AM
    That was essentially the question I had Tom concerning discharging directly into the stack. I also concede that a 2" stub-out would probably be better too.

Thanks again for your help
    Paul
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 22, 2007, 11:52 AM
    Paul,

If local codes allow you could install a Studor Vent, (see image) just after the trap and slip by having to run a separate vent for the lav. Regards, Tom

Oct 22, 2007, 12:01 PM
    Not allowed [UPC] and running the vent is no more work than adding the drain

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adding a tub drain where a sink used to be [ 1 Answers ]

I want to turn a half bath into a full bath in my basement. Currently the washer and dryer along with the water heater are in the half bath along with the commode and sink. I want to add a bath tub and the lay out of the room is such that the tub installation would probably require less work if it...

Pedestal sink [ 5 Answers ]

Hello My husband and I are renovating our master bath, we'd like to take the small sink that we currently have and install 2 pedestal sinks, his and hers, but the problem is that we have never seen this done anywhere else, we always see doble vanities but never 2 pedestals sinks design. We...

Adding lavatory drain [ 7 Answers ]

I started a remodeling project, adding a new wall and putting a laundry room on one side and turning the half-bath on the other side into a full. Now that I'm 80% done, my wife has decided she would like the bathroom sink on the same wall as the washing machine rather than the opposite side where...

Sink pedestal to go around pipes 8 in. Apart [ 3 Answers ]

Are there any sink pedestals out there that have open backs (I know Kohler does not) that can fit around pipes that come out of the floor that are 8 in. apart. The inside of the pedestal base would have to measure 8 or more inches in order to fit around the pipes. We know we can use a vanity...

Supply Pipes Under Pedestal Sink [ 2 Answers ]

I'm installing a new pedestal sink. How close to the wall do I cut the copper supply stub outs? I would like to make it as attractive as possible by coming close to the wall, but don't want to burn down the house in the process. Thanks - Dennis

View more questions Search