Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    monicadwyer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2007, 11:23 AM
    Sink pedestal to go around pipes 8 in. apart
    Are there any sink pedestals out there that have open backs (I know Kohler does not) that can fit around pipes that come out of the floor that are 8 in. apart. The inside of the pedestal base would have to measure 8 or more inches in order to fit around the pipes.

We know we can use a vanity instead of a pedestal and put the holes through the bottom, but it's hard to find one who's depth (from wall out) is 15-18 inches. We have a tight bathroom and that's why it's important to stick to these measurements. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Monica
    Dr D Posts: 698, Reputation: 127

Feb 28, 2007, 12:45 PM
    The simplest solution would be to use flex lines from the pipes to the faucet. Even if the pipes were 3" apart, they would still be visible, as most pedastels that I have seen are a few inches from the wall. If you want to hide it all, get a vanity. Good luck.
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2007, 07:49 PM
    Doc, the pipes come from the floor.
    I would try home depot expo, they carry speciaty stuff but it is pricey. Some people are using furniture and vessel lavatory bowls to stay within a smaller space, but again, this is pricey.
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2007, 08:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by monicadwyer
    Are there any sink pedestals out there that have open backs (I know Kohler does not) that can fit around pipes that come out of the floor that are 8 in. apart. The inside of the pedestal base would have to measure 8 or more inches in order to fit around the pipes.

We know we can use a vanity instead of a pedestal and put the holes through the bottom, but it's hard to find one who's depth (from wall out) is 15-18 inches. We have a tight bathroom and that's why it's important to stick to these measurements. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
    Nothing that I am aware of.

My best advice, if it's doable, would be to have the lines re-routed to come out of the wall.

Another option, which is equally pricey, would be a pillar mounted sink that bolts to the wall and has a leg at each side on the front.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bathroom sink, pipes from floor [ 12 Answers ]

Hello. I just moved into a new apartment and find the bathroom sink vanity in terrible condition. I want to replace it, but see that the three pipes for water and drainage come up out of the floor (when you open the vanity doors you see the pipes going up from the floor to the basin)--instead...

Pedestal sink has poor aesthetic [ 4 Answers ]

The pedestal sink was finally installed and it looks terrible. Entering the bathroom from the hallway the pedestal hardly conceals the drain line; can anything be done at this point or do I have to remove it and settle for a vanity with a drop in sink.

Kitchen Sink drainage pipes [ 1 Answers ]

Since we were replacing the garbage disposal that died recently (fairly easy - already done) we decided to replace the convoluted drainage pipes under the kitchen sinks too. The argument we are having concerns the proper placement of the P-trap. The wall drain pipe is 2" and is located on the...

Supply Pipes Under Pedestal Sink [ 2 Answers ]

I'm installing a new pedestal sink. How close to the wall do I cut the copper supply stub outs? I would like to make it as attractive as possible by coming close to the wall, but don't want to burn down the house in the process. Thanks - Dennis

Cleaning Kitchen Sink Pipes [ 1 Answers ]

Thanks in advance to anyone who can offer some advice! My wife and I just moved in to a 1984 home. The other day, after peeling some potatoes in the sink, the water began backing up. After investigating, I was able to find the potato skins clogged up in the pipe just before it went back in to...

View more questions Search