Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ralbouz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2007, 06:40 PM
    Do i need a converter from 240 V to 120V
    HI...

Do I need for a converter from 240 Volt to 120 Volt... cuse I have some electrical equipement which is working on 240 Volt.. now I want to use this equipment in the countries with 120 Volt...

Do I need for converter or NOT??

reply me on the below email address

Email address is = randabo@hotmail .com
    Tj3 Posts: 3,028, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2007, 07:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ralbouz
    HI ...

Do i need for a converter from 240 Volt to 120 Volt ...cuse i have some electrical equipement which is working on 240 Volt ..now i want to use this equipment in the countries with 120 Volt ...

Do i need for converter or NOT?????

reply me on the below email address

Email address is = randabo@hotmail .com
    Unless the equipment specifically states that it is designed for 120/240 V 50/60 Hz or equivalent ranges of operation, a converter is required.

You would also need a device to convert to the different pin configuration even if the ratings covered the 120V 60Hz requirement.

When you purchase the converter, be careful to ensure that it can handle the power rating of the equipment, with some margin.
    danar Posts: 69, Reputation: 2

Oct 20, 2007, 03:04 AM
    As long as you have the correct rating, as simple step down transformer will do.. 120/240

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Catalytic converter [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all, I would like to know if anyone has had aproblem with a catalytic converter, and what the symptoms would be on your car, I have a 2005 nissan quest and it jerks rpm stays at 5 when on the highway, I have had a diagnostic test by the dealer ship and waiting for part to come in, but was...

240 > 120V step down or new ground [ 5 Answers ]

I've seen all the questions about 240 to 120 outlets... The 240 plug has 2 hots and a neutral (different then a 'ground'?? ) So if I run a NEW GROUND I can then take the neutral ad one of the not poles from the 240? How do they get the sub-panels with 240/120 with no new ground run? Also...

2 wire 240 connect to 3 wire 120/240 [ 2 Answers ]

I am in the process of hooking up a new Electric Range. It has a three wire connector terminal block ). My existing wiring is 1970's vintage alum, but inspected and in good condition. The existing wire in 8 gauge two wire (black and white) plus ground. Do I have to run a new wire all the...

240 volt four wire in 240 three wire outlet [ 1 Answers ]

I have a generator that has (2) 20 amp 110 outlets and (1) 240 outlet. The 240 outlet have receptacle for four wire plug but I want to use it in a three 930 wire 240 volt plug at other end. Is this a workable solution?

DVD Converter [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am in search of free software to convert DVD to mpeg, that or other video formats. Can anybody please tell me where the software will be available? -Kishore

View more questions Search