Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kitty229 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2005, 01:10 PM
    Hampton Bay Celling Fan
    Ok I have a problem... My sister put this Celling Fan in my mom's house... and now she has moved out. The Day after she moved out that Lights stopped working... the fan is still working from the cord only... the lights won't turn on at all. The remote will ight up and we have changed the battery but it didn't make a difference... there is no response from the remote at all, and we can't get the lights to turn on. Please help with any answers possible. I tried calling tech support but I just get a busy signal... maybe I have the wrong number I'm not sure... I have 1-800-749-3267. Thank you for any help.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2005, 01:16 PM
    Is it possible in moving out she left the wrong remote? They have switches inside to set a code. The switches must be set the same in both the remote and the fan.
    Kitty229 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2005, 01:22 PM
    I wish it was that easy... we only had one fan that had a remote in the house. And unforntualy she knows nothing about the fan itself except it was pretty when she bought it.
    duz2600 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2005, 12:40 PM
    Ceiling Fan light inop? Check this list!
    If the fan works, and the ceiling lamp does not come on,
    1. make sure the bulb(s) function. Best to simply put in tested ones.
    2. many fixtures still also have the light switch. Make sure it is ON!
    3. check the batteries in the remote. Some functions can fail, while others
    Still work, with low batteries!
    4. We know there are two different 120 Volt AC circuits in many homes, one for the FAN(s) and one for the Light(s). Check the circuit breaker, reset it!

5. If you got to this step, there is a wiring problem or remote receiver problem that needs a professional!
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2006, 11:44 PM
    First things first, make sure, if the light has a pullchain switch, it is in the on position.

If the fan has a pullchain it sounds like the remote and it's receiver are part of a kit that was added on. Try wiring the fan without the kit to determine if the problem is in the remote system or the fan/light. Wiring instructions are here:

http://www.ceiling-fans-n-more.com/c...fan-wiring.php

I suspect the problem is with the remote, though, it appears the fan is stuck in the "on" setting and the light "off". Does the remote or fan respond at all in any way when you push buttons? As started, try new batteries, and changing the remote frequency. More information about ceiling fan remote problems is here:

http://www.ceiling-fans-n-more.com/c...e-controls.php

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton [ 3 Answers ]

We have a hampton bay ceiling fan that is about 4 years old. It has clips that hold 4 light globes in place. Two clips have broken. Is anyone aware of a place to purchase these clips? Or how to repair them? Home Depot does not sell parts. When you call the 800 number, you are informed that the...

Hampton bay [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I find discontinued hampton bay products? I need an additional Nouveau Art pendant light fixture and cannot find it anywhere!! Thanks!:

Hampton Bay Fan [ 4 Answers ]

I purchased a Hampton bay fan with a light and remote control. The room previously had a fan without a light. The wall switch (two switches) controlled the fan while one switch did nothing. The old fan also had a pull chain to change the blade speed. I wired the fan yesterday and nothing worked....

Hampton bay fan [ 1 Answers ]

I recently installed hampton bay fan, I am sure it was installed correctly. However its has a remote control and the only way I can get the fan to work is if I turn on the light, no light no fan. Therefore I can not run it at night. :( :(

Hampton Bay Fan [ 1 Answers ]

My new Hampton Bay Nassau fan seems to run slow on high speed compared to my other fans. Is this normal operation or should I bring it back.

View more questions Search