Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mommomaz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2007, 07:48 AM
    Denial into canada
    Being a convinced felon what are my chances of traveling and vacationing in canada and mexico.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2007, 08:41 AM
    For Canada I can tell you that it depends on what the crime was, how long ago, and how long of a sentence you got. Your best bet is to contact the nearest Canadian consulate and ask them. If your crime prevents you from entering Canada you can apply for a "pardon" from the Canadian government. It's not like a pardon that gets your US record wiped clean but a pardon from Canada allowing you entry despite a conviction.

Again, easiest way is to call or go to a consulate and just ask as this is a case by case decision.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2007, 09:13 AM
    Hello mom:

Mexico probably doesn't care. If they did, a few pesos in the hands of the immigration cops would cause them to look the other way.

Ain't corruption great?

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Denial entrance to another country [ 3 Answers ]

I received a dui about 6 yrs ago. My passport is expired and I need to get a new one. Will my new passport have information regarding my dui that would deny me entrance to canada or mexico? I was told when border guards swipe your passport it gives them any info regarding any brushes with the...

What if he is in denial? How will he confirm he is gay? [ 16 Answers ]

Here are reasons I'm doubting my ex-bf is gay: 1. he is insensitive, passive and can hardly show emotions like excitement, worry, pain, happiness (aside from laughing at jokes) 2. his uncle is gay and he told me his uncle is successful and that if he can't find a job, he would just ask his...

Selfish or denial [ 7 Answers ]

My mother had to be rushed to er on Friday night, has been hospitalized and is not doing very well.. I know this is all so real, but for some reason I keep telling myself, "whatever she is fine" like nothing is wrong with her, and even though I know its not anywhere near good rightnow, I feel like...

View more questions Search