Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stressed to the MAX Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2007, 12:46 PM
    My 30 Year old brother still lives with my MOM!
    Hey I need all the help I can get.

Hear it is: What can I do to help my mom out of her crazy situation?

My mom allowed my brother to come and live with her two and a half years ago with his wife and their four children. They were going into hard times and told my mom that they needed to get their credit straight and save up some money. NOW, my mom is about to lose her house because she can not afford it any longer.

Well, with in those two and a half years he has lost several jobs (at least 4) and can not keep a job, his wife left him and the 4 children, he has taken custody of 2 additional children. He is a very selfish person my mom is scared of him he doesn't pay for anything any rent, no utilities, he doesn't take care of the kids nor does he buy food. He get an ssi check for one child and child support for another child. He lives off scamming people out of money. My mom has tried to put him out several times but he doesn't leave. She is scared of him, he disrespect her and I just found out that he has been planning to scam my grandparents out of money.

Before anyone says anything I will tell you I have tried all sorts of thing/ideas to help her but nothing is working and I don't want to lose my mom over this craziness. I suggested to my mom: 1.) sell your house buy a 1 bedroom condo. 2.) I could come over in the middle of the night and put up a foreclosure sign up. 3.) Get a eviction notice sent to him by the court system. 4.)Move to my house, only pay your mortgage and wait them out. None of my suggestion have work ed so far what am I to do? Please help.

The worst part is that my mom is scared of him and he has no intention on leaving and he doesn't see anything wrong with what he is doing. I think he may have a mental problem but nothing has been diagnosed and I don't want to that he did something crazy later on.
    SpawnOfAzazel Posts: 106, Reputation: 18

Aug 2, 2007, 01:04 PM
    She doesn't even need a court system to evict him since the house isn't in his nameand there's no lease. She can call the police to come over and keep an eye on him while he packs up and leaves. She should file a restraining order as well. Call your grandparents and let them know what the situation is and let them know they might be scammed. I know your mother does not want an uncomfortable situation and wants to avoid confrontation, but it's the only way she can do this and protect herself in the process; otherwise, if she does nothing, the situation will only get worse.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 8 year old is hitting her older sister and younger brother [ 18 Answers ]

Please help me, I am at my wits end with my 8 year old daughter. She had been hitting my 11 year old daughter. My oldest is watching the kids after school and this summer and the hitting has escalated and now she is hitting the 5 year old son. I have tried to reason with her, time out,...

My 21 year old brother won't come out of his room [ 4 Answers ]

My brother has been in his room for 5 years. He quit school when he was 16. He does not leave the house. In the last 5 years he has been out of the house no more than 5 times. He doesn't leave the house for family events, but will socialize with us if the event is at my mothers house, where he...

Is my 18 year old brother gay? [ 5 Answers ]

Is my 18 year brother gay? I've never seen him with a girl,he seems very secretive,and he always listens to girly music.But he loves boxing. Oh yeah he also stays in the shower.

My brother is using and is ruining everybody's lives [ 4 Answers ]

My brother is using ( I am not sure what). He is very abusive and doesn't care about anything. He can't control his anger/emotions, he doesn't care about anybody. Threatens everyone. Please let me know how we can control this. How can we help him? I know that there is limited things we can do...

My Mom dropped off my 17 yearold brother and said good luck [ 3 Answers ]

First off I am a 28 year old single guy. I was living in a house with a roommate until November. Some things happened where she could no longer afford the house that we were living in. She had less money due to a job change so we both decided that we would get our own places. I was moving in on...

View more questions Search