Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    froggy169 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2007, 07:11 PM
    Joint Account with only one person listed on the garnishment
    I am not here to say that I don't owe the debt. We do we stalled for time, and then time ran out.
    My question here is, the garnishment is on my husand only, I am not list at all. We have a joint bank account, the clerk from the bank called me and told me that they were taking half of what was in the account. At the time of service there was 860.00ish in the account she told me that they would take 461.? But when I checked my bank account today they took more then that. In the morning of the paper service there was 1100.00 in the bank I had made my car payment that is to the bank at 8:50 am the paper service came in around 10:00 pm.
    Can they only take what is there at the time that the paper was served or can they go by what is in there first thing in the morning?
    I just want to make sure that this all gets paid for but I want it don't correctly.
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2007, 03:51 AM
    You can file a Motion to Quash the garnishment, by way of third party claim against the money in the account (yours). You most be able to prove how much of the funds in the account are yours.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Joint Account Garnishment [ 11 Answers ]

I realized that with Citibank, the a joint account is subject to Garnishment. Is that the case with all Banks?

Joint account garnishment in va [ 2 Answers ]

Can a joint account be garnished in VA and granted if only one of the account holders name is on the garnishment.

Garnishment of bank account joint owner [ 1 Answers ]

I have a bank account with my mom she is the primary owner money was taken out for an old debt of mine were they allowed to do that since she is the primary owner

Garnishment of joint bank account [ 2 Answers ]

I have a joint account with my mother she is the first owner there was money taken out of the account for an old debt of mine which I had tried to pay were they allowed to take money out of this account since I am second signer on this account?

Garnishment Of A Joint Account [ 1 Answers ]

I have a credit card company trying to garnish my joint checking account. Can they by law go after my Revolcable Trust Account in which I have with my wife if, my wife is the one being garnisheried

View more questions Search